FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

recover data

firdauz
my external harddisk was format and some other data is very important. how cant i recover my data Sad
Gushe
Since you formatted it.. I'm not sure you can recover it..

~Gushe
nivexuck
No, you can still recover your data but not all.
I have formatted my hard drive too then I recover it using "Recover My Files" and much of my data recovered. You will need much time to do it.
firdauz
it free software or must buy that software
internetjobs
yes... data recovery software is available try to download and recover
ashis_csedu
Hi,
You can recover your data using Easy Recovery Pro 5.11. It works nice, but the success rate is dependent on the type of format you performed on your hard drive. If you quick formatted your hard drive, then you can (I hope) all data of it, but I guarantee you one thing that if you perform a standard format, you will never get your data back with any software I guess.

By the way, you can find the Easy Recovery Pro in the following link -

[url]
http://www.4shared.com/dir/4219752/73c44a4d/sharing.html
[/url]

with thanks
Ashis
orno
i have used GetDataBack for NTFS and FAT both, with much success. The software is however, not free, and I was lucky that my IT department at work had licenses for recovery software. Also, not 100% of the data could be recovered, but this was to be expected and I was more than happy with the result.
misterXY
thats why u always create backups,
"the last man laughin is the one who created a backup"
Animal
Try PC Inspector File Recovery - it's free of charge and I've managed to recover a few files using it. I don't have any direct experience trying to recover data from a formatted disk, but I'm pretty sure that is one of the capabilities of this software.

HTH
frih
try pc inspector file recovery. it is a good free software. but i am not sure whether will it work for you or not because you have formatted your hard disk. but still you can give a try.
RiCtee
Try Recuva. It's created by Piriform, which is also the makers of CCleaner. Free for both commercial and personal use.
jontyboy
how is it possible to recover your data when u formatted your hard drive?? I formated my hard drive a while back and wanted my data back but i couldn't. So how is it possible when all your files including the OS has been erased permanatley???
RiCtee
jontyboy wrote:
how is it possible to recover your data when u formatted your hard drive?? I formated my hard drive a while back and wanted my data back but i couldn't. So how is it possible when all your files including the OS has been erased permanatley???

It is possible if you haven't written any data on it (not 100% though) i.e. reinstalled OS (create partitions is fine). If you did u might only be able to recover the data not written over. Check out http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/188822-32-anyway-recover-data-format . It shows some programs/tools that can do it.
ezekiel_rage
firdauz wrote:
my external harddisk was format and some other data is very important. how cant i recover my data Sad

You can use photorec.

its a Free and Open Source Software.
jontyboy
Quote:
It is possible if you haven't written any data on it (not 100% though) i.e. reinstalled OS (create partitions is fine). If you did u might only be able to recover the data not written over. Check out http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/188822-32-anyway-recover-data-format . It shows some programs/tools that can do it.

ooo so if i installed another OS over the formatted drive i wouldn't be able to recover the data? is that right..
conandoyle
i have try this "filerecoveryangels" and it works well.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
FunDa
firdauz wrote:

Try the free software first.

TestDisk
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Recuva
http://www.recuva.com/

PhotoRec
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Restoration
http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

Undelete Plus
http://undelete-plus.com/

The most popular among these seem to be PhotoRec and Recuva.

They recover text files and photos the best, but many other files also are recovered very well as long as new files were not written onto the drive.
samuelk
what if you reinstalled another OS on the formatted disk,can you still get your old files back?
FunDa
samuelk wrote:
what if you reinstalled another OS on the formatted disk,can you still get your old files back?

You can try, but you will get only a little bit and mostly text files and photos only. And some photos would be part-corrupted too
airh3ad
We have the sem issue most of you would think that if you back up your data regularly, they would be safe. Sound logical, isn’t it? The idea of data backup is that if the main hard drive fails, you still have another one to take its place. But what happen if your backup hard drive crashes as well?Last month, after I have backed up my data,
I reformatted my PC and installed a new Linux distro. When I plug in the backup hard drive to restore the data, the hard drive crashed on me. That must be the worst thing that ever happens to me, and yes, and all my data is gone . I found this software and help me a lot easeus Data Recovery Wizard try this man it will help you or you can download a free ware just search on the net google it..
deanhills
Animal wrote:
Try PC Inspector File Recovery - it's free of charge and I've managed to recover a few files using it. I don't have any direct experience trying to recover data from a formatted disk, but I'm pretty sure that is one of the capabilities of this software.

HTH
This has to be a good tip. Just bookmarked this page as wish I'd known about this product when we lost some data last week. Although, mind you, the person who lost it, had saved another file over it, so when that happens probably no software will be able to sort that out. Fortunately he had made a hard copy of the report. So we could scan it into a readable Word file. Not ideal, but there are more ways than just one to recover lost data.
cnitolo
The best I used was the Get Data Back (you will find it for NTFS and for FAT). Very good, if was only formated it will recover all (already needed with clients' hd and was Ok)
FunDa
cnitolo wrote:
The best I used was the Get Data Back (you will find it for NTFS and for FAT). Very good, if was only formated it will recover all (already needed with clients' hd and was Ok)

Wow, thanks

That seems to be quit good

Thanks for the tip

Very Happy Very Happy
watchftp
My external drive lost it's partition and now I can't recover loads of in it. I tried all the free software discussed in this forum but not able to recover my data. Since most the free software are trial/shareware version with limited feature, I am wondering if the paid version will do the wonder.
If someone can guarantee that my data could be recovered I'm willing to pay for it. But don't want to pay for it if it won't work.
cnitolo
firdauz, if you take a look in the internet you will find get data back serial or crack. As will be just one use I think it's worth!
FunDa
Use a free software like Recuva.
Recuva's sector-based recovry worked for me on a number of occasions, but it doesn't support SCSI--and once or twice in previous versions failed to find files. This version seems effective, so if your hard drive's health is stable, it's worth a try in that role as well--and could save you quite a bit of cash.
jdelfire
just to add you can also try recuva