FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with SQL and Frihost...

Diablosblizz
Okay, I have posted this before somewhere, but now I know that this is my servers fault, not Frihost.

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/diablosb/domains/hotelmario.info/public_html/cms/variables.php on line 77

MySQL Error: The server is offline at this moment. Unable to connect to MySQL Database server.

I get this error when attempting to connect to my MySQL server on my computer. Here is the variables.php file (or... the connecting and defining):

Code:
/*----- Configuration --------------------------------------------------------------------*/
$sqlhost = "hm-server1.myvnc.com";         // Database host. Your IP Adress if you're hosting this on a webhost, localhost if it's on a local server, eg. xampp
$sqlusername = "root";         // Your MySQL username. Given to you by your host, if on a local server, it's usually root.
$sqlpassword = "mypassword";      // The password. You should know this.
$sqldb_name = "habbo";      // The database name. Usually debbosql.

/*----- System ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
mysql_connect("$sqlhost", "$sqlusername", "$sqlpassword")or die("<hr><b>MySQL Error:</b> The server is offline at this moment. Unable to connect to MySQL Database server.");
mysql_select_db("$sqldb_name")or die("<hr><b>MySQL Error:</b> Unable to select database!");

As you can see, it connects to the host (hm-server1.myvnc.com - also, please don't say "USE A IP" as I have tried this already) and then uses the username and password to select "habbo." I get the above error.

So, I need help, what should I do to fix this? I have reinstalled MySQL so many times that I know everything for configuring it. I am not sure if this matters, but the port is not the default port (3306) instead it is 3309. I am not sure if this matters, but I just wanted to let you know.

Does anybody know how to help me? Many thanks!!!!
LukeakaDanish
It is likely to have something to do with the port then...

try:

Code:
mysql_connect(server:port, ...);

...instead!
Diablosblizz
Okay, I added :3309 to the end of the server address making it: hm-server1.myvnc.:3309.

I get this error now:

Quote:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/diablosb/domains/hotelmario.info/public_html/cms/variables.php on line 77
MySQL Error: The server is offline at this moment. Unable to connect to MySQL Database server.

This is a problem with Frihost. I have edited the file on my computer and it works fine now. There is something wrong with Frihost's MySQL. Anybody know what is wrong with it?