FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is RSS Feed worth for my site?

georgekalathil
hi friend, I have a small site and contains about 16 pages and gets updated 3 or 4 times in a year. Is it worth creating a RSS file for my site. Plz anyone tell me..
Peterssidan
It's not worth it. I don't think anybody will use it but if you think it's fun and you want to learn how to do a rss file it can be a good idea.
jabapyth
not worth it. Rss feeds are for daily or (at least) weekly updated things (like blogs)
SlowWalkere
jabapyth wrote:
not worth it. Rss feeds are for daily or (at least) weekly updated things (like blogs)

Although I agree that an RSS feed is unnecessary for this site, I think it could be more helpful for a semi-regular site (updated once a week or so) than one that is constantly updated.

If users know that your site is updated every day, they'll go to your site every day and check it out. If, on the other hand, it's not updated as often... they can simply register the feed and wait for something new to pop up before they check it out.

Either way, I agree with Peterssidan that it's a good task to try out - if just for the learning experience.

- Walkere
cavey
I disagree with the others. If you have few updates a year. Your visitors will know when to visit your site again.

If you do not have an RSS-feed, I am afraid that they will forget to check back to see if you have updated. Maybe they checked a few times the first months, but stopped doing so because of the rarely updates :) RSS-feeds can be compared with a newsletter, which is great to tell your visitors about your updates.