FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Account Q's

SigningUP
things:

1) How do I accumulate points? I read that it takes 5 posts and 10 points to request a free web-site.

2) How many posts/points are needed to keep the web-site up? How often are the posts/points needed?

3) What is the upload maximum size for a single document?

4) Finally, I requested an account, however, I have not received an email with my information (it has been about 30 minutes). What can I do other than wait?

Thanks,
rvec
SigningUP wrote:
things:

1) How do I accumulate points? I read that it takes 5 posts and 10 points to request a free web-site.

When posting on the forums you will get points, I got 3.5 points for this post.

SigningUP wrote:

2) How many posts/points are needed to keep the web-site up? How often are the posts/points needed?

You need one point per day. They are detracted automaticly, and your hosting will be deleted if you are negative. But because this is done manually (by an admin) you are allowed to get in the minus with a good reason (pm an admin before you do to be sure).

SigningUP wrote:

3) What is the upload maximum size for a single document?

I tried a 150mb file and that worked. So it's at least 150mb Smile

SigningUP wrote:

4) Finally, I requested an account, however, I have not received an email with my information (it has been about 30 minutes). What can I do other than wait?

You can only wait. An account has to be accepted by an account-creator. This could take up to 2 weeks but will probably take a couple of days at the most.
SigningUp
Why is the acceptance done manually instead of automatically?

Wouldn't it make more sense to do an automatic acceptance, and then use a program to weed through the users who are not keeping up with the post requirements?
mynd
Oh well...Looks like it was quicker that I anticipated...I have been accepted.

--Formally, SigningUP
rvec
it is done manually because we also look at the quality of the posts. Because we don't only want users to post but we also want a nice community.
mynd
rvec,

This makes sense, but it also puts a lot of man-hours on your side. BTW, does Frihost look at each post prior to accepting it and rewarding it points? I ask because it seems to be that it goes by length, not really quality.

Thanks,
-Mynd
rvec
giving points is done automaticly and is done by quantity
aproving your hosting request is done manualy by account-creators who will look at your posts (I think not all if you have over 30, but I am not an account creator so I wouldn't know Razz ).