FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just curious..

MistaKiula
Umm.. what if some dude goes to your page and keeps refreshing each pages, going and load up new pages etc. in a goal of killing your monthly bandwidth.

Is there a way to encounter that? I'm not saying I'm having the problem, just wondering if someone's ugly enough to do that to my website, what do I do?

IP Banning is one way, but that can be easily avoided.
Bondings
MistaKiula wrote:
IP Banning is one way, but that can be easily avoided.

I would have suggested that one. Twisted Evil Otherwise, I don't really have other ideas. Confused

But the person using your bandwidth will have used the same amount. You get 10GB of bandwidth a month, that's the limit for most home internet connections.
MistaKiula
Rogers have 60 GB i think.. anyway.. IP Banning is through cPanel correct? How and where do you check for IPs and which one to ban?
Bondings
MistaKiula wrote:
Rogers have 60 GB i think.. anyway.. IP Banning is through cPanel correct? How and where do you check for IPs and which one to ban?

You can see it in your log files. The 300 latest visitors in cpanel-->stats might be usefull. It will be quite obvious if someone is really trying to steal your bandwidth, so it won't be hard to block that ip. You can also block them in cpanel.

You can also stop image hotlinking in cpanel.