FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Game hosting inquery..

dan751
I have searched the TOS and I find no references to not being allowed to host games on the server. However, I figured I should ask before I do something possibly unacceptable, considering my previous server wont allow games on their servers. Is it permissable to have Java and Shockwave games on my webspace??
Bondings
dan751 wrote:
I have searched the TOS and I find no references to not being allowed to host games on the server. However, I figured I should ask before I do something possibly unacceptable, considering my previous server wont allow games on their servers. Is it permissable to have Java and Shockwave games on my webspace??

Java and shockwave games are allowed if you own the copyright/they are free to use.
dan751
The games are free. I don't own the copyright for the games, however I do have a declaration indicating that didn't create them, and that I simply have a copy of them so should the original host go offline temporarily/perminantely, they will still be playable. Is that permissable? (because I would love close my account on my very first web host, Tripod, but I can't untill I have another place on the web to put them, and I'd like to keep them with the rest of my site. Let me know, Thanks.Smile

Ps. I'm still waiting for a response in thread: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8448.

Thanks again, for your continued assistance.Smile
Bondings
dan751 wrote:
The games are free. I don't own the copyright for the games, however I do have a declaration indicating that didn't create them, and that I simply have a copy of them so should the original host go offline temporarily/perminantely, they will still be playable. Is that permissable? (because I would love close my account on my very first web host, Tripod, but I can't untill I have another place on the web to put them, and I'd like to keep them with the rest of my site. Let me know, Thanks.Smile

Ps. I'm still waiting for a response in thread: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8448.

Thanks again, for your continued assistance.Smile

No, that's actually not legal. You either need to have made those games yourself or you can get them on websites that offer free java games for your website. You will most likely need to link to them or something similar.
dan751
Ok. I'll have the links in the games page point to the game but on the home server and will not upload them. Thanks for the help Admin.Smile