FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Registry Cleaner

thewebkid
Does anyone know of any good registry cleaners that are free and work well on vista? I have tried again and again, But no luck at all.
badai
Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
thewebkid
How well will it work? And will it crash my computer?
badai
maybe won't crash, but you can always save your registry first and restore it back later.

it's free software.
doppleganger
whatever u use make sure that u back up your registry first
FriBogdan
Use CCleaner. It works on XP/Vista and it does a great job. You don't have to worry about backups... i never had problems with it. It doesn't delete needed parts Smile.
bulek
CCleaner and tuneup utilities are working great on windows vista and they are also very good registry cleaners. Tuneup utilities also includes computer optimization, disk cleaner, windows tweaks, ram defrag, advanced uninstaller, etc. You should try both and the see, which one better fits for you.
spykE
Use the one in TuneUp Utilities, great all in one solution.
jcnet
I recommend RegCleaner ./...

With RegCleaner a free registry cleaner you can easily get rid of those old and obsolete registry entries created by software that you have destroyed ages ago.

You don´t have to be an expert to use this program. Note that this program is not like those other so called registry cleaners, they search any filenames from registry, then if the file doesn´t exist anymore they remove the registry key or value where this filename was.

But RegCleaner shows you the list of software that are registered in the registry and by checking checkboxes you select which software you don´t have anymore and RegCleaner removes all registry created by those programs automatically.

You can also remove start up programs that are started behind your back and can dramatically decrease your computer´s performance.

Happy Registry Cleaning...

Cheers..!
Softix
Free Registry Cleaner for Vista is a free, Windows Vista compatible utility that scan and clean up registry problems from your computer. Registry errors occur for many reasons, including references left behind after uninstallation; incorrect removal of software; missing or corrupt hardware drivers; or orphaned start-up program. Use Free Registry Cleaner for Vista when you are tired of your computer slowing down or freezing when you least expect it. It is so easy to set up and use that you'll have a lean, clean, mean machine in minutes for 100% Free!

http://www.download3000.com/download-Free_Registry_Cleaner_for_Vista-count-reg-19941.html
Indyan
Tuneup Utilities Reg Cleaner works with Vista. highly recomended.
Aiuspaktyn
You can use Yamicsoft Vista Manager, very complete...
thewebkid
Eusing Free Registry Cleaner worked wonders for me. Thanks guys!
Da Rossa
MV Reg Clean is the best on Earth.
misterXY
if you're running XP and using CCleaner and the rest they mention (all are very good btw)
try RegScrub XP Shocked

Sometimes in the rare occasion CCleaner will pick up a error that RegScrub XP doens't find. You also have tweaks in this program too. and if experinced enough, but do not reccomend to even i know some of this stuff... kind of person, do NOT play around with it. but overall very good program, both RegScrub XP and CCleaner are free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048 RegScrub XP

http://www.ccleaner.com/ CCleaner also known as Crap Cleaner
Otaku_anime
Use CCleaner. It works on XP/Vista and it does a great job. You don't have to worry about backups... i never had problems with it. It doesn't delete needed parts
XXXXX

My computer got screwed up, and Crap cleaner helped get it running again.

I highly recommend it.
Flips001
i would tae the Winoptimizer!

Its a great probram!
You can clean up your harddrive, internet cleaning, and registry cleaning!
Starup uptimizing and you can delete files for ever!

very good programm
dude_xyx
I use ccleaner and so for it have worked fine.
csoftdev
just be more careful with tools like this that you are playing with as it might mess up your registry and it will end up causing your windows to fail to boot. it is always advisable to backup your registry before you make any changes to it in case you messed up any part of the registry. in that event you can at least restore your backup version of it.