FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


!!Global Warming!! Video





SFMeatwad
This is very important.

Please watch this video as I think it is EXTREMELY important. PLEASE watch this and SPREAD the WORD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
adeydas
the guy makes a lot of exaggerations. besides the international community and the countries which might be affected have recently decided upon spending more on the development and usage of cleaner technologies under the kyoto protocol. according the the recent developments, developed countries like the US would help out developing countries cut on emissions with cleaner fuels, etc. thus is whatever decisions has been made is put into effect, i think we don't have to an unprecedented disaster scenario!!!
dray101
what exaggerations? Wink
you think that there is enough being down? I would seriously question you logic. It doesn't take a genius to work out how much damage most current life styles cause, and it doesn't take a whiz to work out that what ever we are now so called 'doing' to stop damage, is nothing compared the the damage that is continuing to ensue.

I would also ask where you got the idea that the US is going to help developing countries. By all other accounts the US is doing everything in its hidden power to stop progress of anti-environmental damage plans. I suggest that you find some non-US (ie. blindly patriotic) reporting.

---

BTW watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_anaVcCXg instead (look at the description of the video posted above), its much better.

I love the way this guy just makes things so simple and doesn't condescend to you or tell you that you are wrong. Instead he simply asks you to think about things and suggests a simple why to come to conclusions yourself.

Go kewl open-minded, logical, and non-egotistical people!
tempdbs
SFMeatwad wrote:
This is very important.

Please watch this video as I think it is EXTREMELY important. PLEASE watch this and SPREAD the WORD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ


It's very Nice and have to be watched by everyone..

Spreading is not a matter, but following is a great thing.... Crying or Very sad
rvec
lol nice logic Razz
.........yes.................................................. no
true...cost.no happy face.................only happy face
false..cost and happy face :S...........all possible things go wrong

Why do you get a happy face with the second yes and not with the first yes? Don't you get the same scenario? And what makes you think we can stop the climate change? So shouldn't the happy face on no/true be under the condition we CAN solve it? Which is a huge condition because it might mean we'll get no/false AND true/yes at the same time.

So lottery ticket A means you'll be sure what you get. An economic depression. And picking B means you're really going to gamble, you can get a good world or "the end of the world as we know it".

So in my logic this means the only way to get a truly happy face we should not do anything and hope nothing will happen Smile


EDIT: This maker of the video explains there is a big hole in his argument and you sould not watch this video but this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_anaVcCXg
unknownc1c
well for the most part this all went over my head, but he does make a little bit of sense from what i understood
Billy Hill
SFMeatwad wrote:
This is very important.

Please watch this video as I think it is EXTREMELY important. PLEASE watch this and SPREAD the WORD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ


Oh, brother. Rolling Eyes

I will spread the word that this is more crap brought on to try to get somebodies fingers deeper into my pockets.
smokey4life
What I hear more of are the propaganda specialist spouting doom and gloom. -- Oh my, we are killing the planet,, We can't keep this up,, We must stop doing these things,, We must go back and live like it was the 12th century. So my take of them is that we can be miserable by changing the way we live or we can be miserable as a result of how we live. WHAT"S the difference? no matter which, we're still going to be miserable if they have their way.

Now I ask you: several years ago we took freon and fluorocarbons off the shelf. What good did that do? by now there should have been some verifiable data to show if this was the right thing to have done. Yet no one has said that there were any results. only more doom and gloom. come on show me some data.....what good did it do? Its all bullshit when it comes down to it if you ask me but hey thats just MY opinion everyone is entitled to their own right?
KronikSindrome
You know...I'm kind of rooting for global warming....
I live in oregon and could really use it to warm up
a few degrees a year....so eventually here will be like
hawaii and I will be living on prime property......heh

I mean yeah...it'll kill the earth eventually...yadda yadda..
But I won't be there to see it, and after I'm done here I
don't really care what happens to this rotting rock..........

even if it were to happen in "my time"....I don't really care....
I don't plan on living forever, might as well go out in style......

"hey how'd you die?"......

"got hit by a bus."

or

"oh, I went out when the earth feckin exploded, yeah, fire and huricanes, floods and
earthquakes, it was awesome!!!!!!!!!"


hhmmm...?

heh Twisted Evil Wink
smokey4life
KronikSindrome wrote:
You know...I'm kind of rooting for global warming....
I live in oregon and could really use it to warm up
a few degrees a year....so eventually here will be like
hawaii and I will be living on prime property......heh

I mean yeah...it'll kill the earth eventually...yadda yadda..
But I won't be there to see it, and after I'm done here I
don't really care what happens to this rotting rock..........

even if it were to happen in "my time"....I don't really care....
I don't plan on living forever, might as well go out in style......

"hey how'd you die?"......

"got hit by a bus."

or

"oh, I went out when the earth feckin exploded, yeah, fire and huricanes, floods and
earthquakes, it was awesome!!!!!!!!!"


hhmmm...?

heh Twisted Evil Wink
I just have to say one thing... LMFAO!!! that was some of the funniest shit i have seen or heard all week and i really needed that laugh Smile i hate to say it but i completely agree with you not a damn thing is going to happen within our time so i really wouldnt care one way or another other then the fact that our children would be forced to deal with the consequences but even if something like this was to happen AND I STRESS THE "IF"!!!! i dont see it happening for many many many many years!
Billy Hill




minty
Well here is my opinion on the whole global warming issue:

I believe that it is getting warmer and that global warming is true, HOWEVER, I do NOT believe that any creature (cow or human) has anything to do with this process or has the power to speed/reduce the length of time between ice ages.

It has been proven that our world was covered in all ice millions of years prior to humans walking the land. This proves that the World is gradually warming up. Now looking at this logic, if the World was warming up when it was COVERED in ice, then after the ice has melted away would the process of heating up not speed up since there is less ice??? For example, take an icecube and place it in an area at room temperature. The ice will slowly start to melt, but as there is less density and less ice to help keep it cool, it will begin to melt faster.

Next point, it is a known and proven fact that the Earth does not rotate exactly on its axises, but instead it kind of spins like a Top (those cone shaped toys you spin. As it slows down the part you spin begins to be off center. This is the part I am talking about, not the Earth slowing down but spinning off center). It has been estimated that it takes 30,000 years for the Earth to complete one rotation of this off centeredness. Therefore, how do we know that we are not just in a part of this cycle where the World is tilted closer to the Sun causing it to be more heated?

Lastly, how long have we been recording temperature and keeping it in the history books? Less than a couple of centuries I believe, so how can we compare this with the age of the World? We do not have enough years to accurately detest that any creature is making any kind of impact on the World's climate and causing Global Warming.

I ask of everyone to just take a minute and use some bloody LOGIC!!! It is not hard to do and it is actually really fun and the World opens up to you when you do so.


I am now stepping down from my soap box...

Lookie here:

--minty

PS: I will edit this with links to the sources when I have a spare minute.

EDIT: Added cow methane link
EDIT: Added Earth's rotation link
EDIT: Added Lookie here: links
Billy Hill
Quote:
U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007

Senate Report Debunks "Consensus"

INTRODUCTION:

Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called "consensus" on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.

The new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s office of the GOP Ranking Member details the views of the scientists, the overwhelming majority of whom spoke out in 2007. Even the some in the establishment media now appears to be taking notice of the growing number of skeptical scientists.

In October, the Washington Post Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking." Many scientists from around the world have dubbed 2007 as the year man-made global warming fears “bites the dust.”


http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...8-3c63dc2d02cb
tony
smokey4life wrote:
KronikSindrome wrote:
You know...I'm kind of rooting for global warming....
I live in oregon and could really use it to warm up
a few degrees a year....so eventually here will be like
hawaii and I will be living on prime property......heh

I mean yeah...it'll kill the earth eventually...yadda yadda..
But I won't be there to see it, and after I'm done here I
don't really care what happens to this rotting rock..........

even if it were to happen in "my time"....I don't really care....
I don't plan on living forever, might as well go out in style......

"hey how'd you die?"......

"got hit by a bus."

or

"oh, I went out when the earth feckin exploded, yeah, fire and huricanes, floods and
earthquakes, it was awesome!!!!!!!!!"


hhmmm...?

heh Twisted Evil Wink
I just have to say one thing... LMFAO!!! that was some of the funniest shit i have seen or heard all week and i really needed that laugh Smile i hate to say it but i completely agree with you not a damn thing is going to happen within our time so i really wouldnt care one way or another other then the fact that our children would be forced to deal with the consequences but even if something like this was to happen AND I STRESS THE "IF"!!!! i dont see it happening for many many many many years!


HAHAHAHA - i love the reply; it is quite amusing to me also.. although, in the end, i know on a seious note that i disagree because... i care about the world i hand to my children

but in the short term, your text is great! ha!
tempdbs
The ultimate documentary on the Global Warming is the An Inconvienient Truth which is explained in detail by Al gore

IMDB title - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/
Al Gore - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330722/

This is the first documentary to win two Academy Awards
eday2010
Yawn...enough with the global warming crap. The Earth hasn't warmed in at least 10 years, this summer has been anything but summer...artic ice, while not as thick, is starting to expand south. Ice doesn't do that when it's warming. The earth's atmosphere warns and cools on it's own based on it's own activity and the activity of the sun.

NO ONE can predict the weather in 100 years; they cannot predict the weather hours in advance. Not to mention that Mother Nature is the most unpredictable entity there is.

tempdbs wrote:
The ultimate documentary on the Global Warming is the An Inconvienient Truth which is explained in detail by Al gore


Mockumentary is more like it. Is this the same "ultimate documentary" on global warming that was thrown out of British High Court because a lot of the "facts" weren't facts at all? There are many innacurracies and false statements. Too bad he didn't reveal the truth that he wants to scare the hell out of everyone because he has lots of money invested in carbon credit companies. It's in his best interest for people like you to believe in mand-made global warming. Or, as they call it now, "climate change". Of course climate change exists. It was cold with snow everywhere, andnow it is warm. It happens every year.
blackfish
this was my reply to that video on youtube (i am `singingsavage' on youtube):

global warming, like any other hypothetical situation that feeds on paranoia, is a simply a scare tactic designed to achieve control. people are less likely to question government when instilled with fear of a greater calamity. the obvious example is bush's presidency - he used 'anthrax', 'weapons of mass destruction' and exploited the felling of the two towers to control his citizens (and members of the united nations) into achieving his own end. but anarchy is chaos, right?
linkmenot
SFMeatwad wrote:
This is very important.

Please watch this video as I think it is EXTREMELY important. PLEASE watch this and SPREAD the WORD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ


an inconvenient truth
ptfrances
There is some good idea on this topic here but a lot of paranoia on each side I think
Wink
Zombie
you're really "rooting" for global warming?! I live in Oregon too, and although it's been really cold this summer, I've accepted the climate for what it is.... But you want the whole earth to heat up and animals to lose their habitat just so you can save money on your heating bill!?
jsarnold
Global warming is a fact. What is disputable is just how much of an impact we have had, and how much was likely to happen anyway.

Remember - there have been plenty of ice ages before, and we are thousands of years overdue for one.

And yes, global warming and ice ages are one and the same.
Arty
Didn't the earth actually get 1 degree cooler over the past 50 years?
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.