FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

aliens

endless
i'm bored, so i think we should have a pointless discussion x.x

do you believe in aliens, and why?
personally i believe in them, but if the they are that smart why do they go to earth to "draw" in some grain Very Happy
jenice
I do believe in aliens. Aside from dubious reports, sightings, and other evidence, I rather think it's... narrow minded (for lack of a better word) to think we're the only ones out here. Space is a pretty large place. I find it hard to believe we're the only place out there with intelligent life. To me, that's rather like think the earth is flat and the center of the universe.

*shrug* But then I've never really met an alien, so who knows?

Either way it's fun to think about. Wink
Jaan
I believe in them.

One can only hope to be alive when extra terrestial life is discovered, whether good or evil. That would be awesome, even if it means getting killed by them.
pll
If we are there, we are not alone.
If it's possible to create life on this planet it is too in any other.

that's my way of thinking.
Vrythramax
I believe in aliens also. I think it is just plain arrogance on our part to think that with a night sky that goes on for infinity (which is a difficult enough concept to grasp) that we are the only intellent life out the re is just plain ridiculas.

The reason we have not really seen one (or most of haven't) is the seem to want to land near trailer parks Smile

If this is what they are using as an example of itelligent life here on Earth....I wouldn't stick around either! Not to mention, they may ook just like us and we see them everyday.
achowles
Depends. I don't believe in flying saucers, but it's more likely that there is life out there somewhere in one shape or form than not. However life began, it positively thrives here. If there are millions of planets with similar or better conditions to support life, then it's only logical to assume that a few of them do actually have life on them.
endless
they want to land in trailer parks, and want to draw in grass x.x
thats not very intelligent, but maybe they have kids too ^^ who want to draw in grass Razz
ocalhoun
endless wrote:
they want to land in trailer parks, and want to draw in grass x.x
thats not very intelligent, but maybe they have kids too ^^ who want to draw in grass Razz

Suppose there are, what do we have that they might be interested in?
Perhaps they've landed a few probes here (robotic, of course), and decided it's not worth the trip.
divinitywolf
technically we ARE aliens.
If life from other planets found our planet, they'd view us as alien.
And its likely that other life exists out there.
Why wouldn't it?
Its extremely unlikely that our planet is the only one in which life has evolved in.
Its quite possible there are more humans out there in the universe or more advanced races that have more advanced technology and at this moment are conducting space investigations in our general direction.
Nameless
I have never seen any reliable evidence of aliens, and given what we know of the universe it seems logically very unlikely that we will ever cross paths with another sentient race. However, it also seemed unlikely that we would be the only planet through time to be inhabited by an 'advanced' race, ergo there probably are, have been or will be 'aliens' but the chances are we'll never know. And let's face it - if any aliens were advanced enough to travel across the universe and visit Earth they'd also be advanced enough to leave the hell us alone. I know I would. Rolling Eyes

(For extra credit, apply this logic to God.)
dfebb
A big part of whether or not you believe 'aliens' exists, is what exatcly you classify as 'aliens'.
If we're talking little green men with antennae and bulby black eyes, chances are there's probably not a lot of 'alien' life out there... Razz

If we're talking 'sentient' life, well, that's a contentious issue. Especially if you consider that 60 years ago the scientific community didn't consider animals to be 'intelligent'. Most people might agree that single-cell organisms and other such 'life' isn't sentient. We know that most creatures, plants and organisms respond to stimuli, but it's a case of, what do we consider 'intelligence' to be. Self preservation? Plants display self preservation, the sunflower turning towards the sun to get it's energy, a tree producing sap to protect and heal itself, ivy that plants its seeds in places it think it will thrive...

I agree that there should be plenty of planets out there capable of sustaining life of all sorts, and there's perhaps life in forms that we still have no idea about (non carbon-based), so chances are, we're not alone.
I'm of the opinion though, that there may not be any other humanoid life out there, though. So, if you were hoping for hot alien chicks, I wouldn't hold your breath... Very Happy
Vrythramax
If you have ever been to New Bedford, Massachusetts US you would certainly believe in aliens (trust me I live there)

As to flying saucers...they would need some mode of transportation, it's actual shape is rather irrelevant. Look at all the people who drive Volkswagons...you can't tell if they are coming or going...but they work well and sell like crazy.
HalfBloodPrince
I don't know if this counts, but I beleive in a definite universe (ie. one that is an enclosed space) and that there are more universe. Meaning that I beleive in the multiverse.

Not to make this a religious discussion or anything, but I'm a muslim and somewhere in the Quran it says that God is seven skies above us, and I can only interpret that to be that there are universes above/around/beneath/beside/parallel to us. Probably in different dimensions.

I believe in God, and I don't think the universe, galaxies, hundreds of trillions of stars, planets, other astronomical bodies, black holes, etc...would be made just to harbor life for a stupid, greedy, and downright disgusting race like the humans living on a moist ball of mud (well, thats what Earth is compared to what else is out there).

So all in all, I think that there are 'aliens', or atleast life not on Earth. I don't like to say I beleive in aliens as people automatically think I'm talking about little green men in jumpsuits with laser guns, I mean that I beleive that Earth isn't the only bureau of life in the multiverse.

As a side note, anyone who beleives in God, angels, heaven, and hell technically does beleive in life other than on earth as angels and the rest of God's creations are sentient beings.
endless
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
I don't know if this counts, but I beleive in a definite universe (ie. one that is an enclosed space) and that there are more universe. Meaning that I beleive in the multiverse.

Not to make this a religious discussion or anything, but I'm a muslim and somewhere in the Quran it says that God is seven skies above us, and I can only interpret that to be that there are universes above/around/beneath/beside/parallel to us. Probably in different dimensions.

I believe in God, and I don't think the universe, galaxies, hundreds of trillions of stars, planets, other astronomical bodies, black holes, etc...would be made just to harbor life for a stupid, greedy, and downright disgusting race like the humans living on a moist ball of mud (well, thats what Earth is compared to what else is out there).

So all in all, I think that there are 'aliens', or atleast life not on Earth. I don't like to say I beleive in aliens as people automatically think I'm talking about little green men in jumpsuits with laser guns, I mean that I beleive that Earth isn't the only bureau of life in the multiverse.

As a side note, anyone who beleives in God, angels, heaven, and hell technically does beleive in life other than on earth as angels and the rest of God's creations are sentient beings.

well i don't believe in god ^^ i believe in hell and satan, and iwth aliens i mean well just any form of life not on earth, even tough it's only a cell
James007
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-32915.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-72321.html

Use the search function please.

-close-