FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DFD's Vs Site Nav Diagrams etc

regards
Hello Very Happy ,

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place altogether, but I'm designing an ASP.NET site with MS SQL 05.
The coding aspect is no probs, but I always find it hard translating my ideas onto paper as designs.
I'm doing a school project so it is compulsory.
I am just trying to find out what diagrams I ned to produce exactly? And if you know of ny cool and preferably free tools to make them?
Officially, the criteria asks for "content flow charts and "site navigational diagrams". Personally, I find it hard to distinguis from the two.
But that asie, my idea of a flow chart, is just a hierarchical diagram in a tree structure, e.g.

Code:
HTML Code:
HOME
   |
   |
-----
|     |
1     2
Etc etc.

Is that sufficient? What other diagrams would I be credited for including also?

Wink Thanks guys! REGARDS!
AftershockVibe
I would presume that your content flow chart would cover the sections of your site like the diagram you showed. So a hierarchical tree structure with Main at the top and each content subsections (say Games, Music...) and then PC, XBox ..... Classical, Pop) etc. below those.

Whereas the navigation diagram would show which areas were accessible from each page. Most site's would have some sort of menu so even if you were in Main > Games > XBox you would still be able to reach Main > Music with a single click without the need to go back through Main.

This, however, is just my interpretation of what you've said.
Cool