FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Display Errors on Frihost.com Front Page

SlowWalkere
Hey,

Wasn't sure where to put this post, so mods feel free to put it where-ever you think is best.

I just installed Ubuntu Linux on my desktop, and I noticed that the front page at Frihost.com doesn't render properly in this version of Firefox. It rendered fine in Firefox in Windows.

The divs/table cells seem to get cut short, but the content keeps flowing beneath. So, for example, the "Features" list runs into the menu up top. The last entry in the "Popular Forums" list (Dutch) is displayed outside the background.

Check out this picture to see exactly what I mean.

Anyhow, just thought I'd bring the display errors to Bondings' attention in case he wanted to try and fix the problem.

- Walkere
tidruG
He's working on a new front page for Frihost anyway, *I think*

Thanks for bringing this to our notice though. Hopefully, it'll make him work harder and faster on the front page. Smile
mahirharoon
it is a css problem of firefox
open it in opera or konqueror because it passes acid test
firefox does not pass acid test completely
some users may tell it passes but not i had tested acid test one day in firefox and the dot was on a corner of the page and it was not perfect
those who tells it is passing acid test because he had not tested acid test in firefox
tidruG
What is a CSS problem?
froginabox
All web browsers parse CSS in slightly different ways... it's hard to explain without getting into the nitty gritty of the browser wars. Suffice to say that the most W3C (web standards organization) compliant browser is NOT IE, but somewhere between Safari for Mac and Opera I believe. Quick and dirty breakdown is located in chart form at this site: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/contents.html. The online CSS validator gives Bondings' work an A+ however, so I would definitely assume it is a Firefox problem on the Ubuntu package. You might want to try compiling from source if you can get CVS access.
tidruG
No, I meant to ask what the CSS problem on the page was Razz I know that a lot of browsers parse CSS differently.
D'Artagnan
it must be a ubuntu firefox problem, since i used to visit frihost in other linuxes and don't get such problem
endless
i use firfox, but for me the page looks fine, what version of firefox do you use, 1.5 or something?.
but it could be that the page is already fixed, but in mozilla Fx beta 3 release 2 it looks fine Wink

firefox for the win Razz