FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I can't upload my Database SQL script ! Helllppppp!!!!

supjapscrapper
Hi guys!
I've been struggeling for three days now with this, and although I've understood pretty much stuff, I still couldn't make the upload of the latest version of my Database... Now, you may laugh of me but I swear to god I've spent 2 nights struugeling just with uploading my website and make it work ....
Now The previous version of the database, which SQL script was 2,3 Mb big, could be uploaded without any problem. Now the latest one which is 3 Mb big, is always rejected with this message : operation laste more than 300 seconds ...
I've tried to decompose the SQL script but it's so big and complicated that the DB content has become a complete mess and I have errors everywhere.... Sad
I wanted to know If anyone of you guys has a clue on uploading a SQL script that's 3Mb big????

I've thought about uploading it on the website with FTP, and then try to install it on the database, but the phpmyadmin won't let me upload scripts on the server ...

Thanx for your help guys!!! I'm sick and tired with all the problems I've had with it lately and I've become stressed with ot ... really ....
Devil
i once uploaded 40 mb sql dump , if it is a sql dump , then u need to divide it in parts and upload tables one by one ,

but if u have cpanel backup , then 3 to 4 mb wont be a problem , just keep trying , there was a script somewhere which allows u to upload big backups , damn i had seen it here in this forum somewhere , Confused but dont know if it will work Rolling Eyes
supjapscrapper
I was in total dispair .....
I've redumpded the database content, then split them into files with each one of the 47 Tables in collections of equal sized sql scripts (8 then 4)
and it has worked!!!

---------------
Bondings
Oh, that's great! Very Happy
supjapscrapper
haha !!! sorry bondings you've come too late Wink
Daniel15
There's a utility called BigDump (available from http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php ) which you can use. I haven't tried it myself but people say that it works fine. You upload your SQL file (as well as BigDump) using FTP. BigDump splits up the queries (like you did) and runs them one at a time.
supjapscrapper
daniel15 wrote:
There's a utility called BigDump (available from http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php ) which you can use. I haven't tried it myself but people say that it works fine. You upload your SQL file (as well as BigDump) using FTP. BigDump splits up the queries (like you did) and runs them one at a time.

Thanks a lot!!!!!
I've been looking at your websites and I find them very useful!!!
The http://www.dansoftaustralia.info/index.php/index is very well done!!!
BlackSkad
Not everthing wordked fine though. I can view a part of one of your sql-dumps I think. I see my own 2 database + a third "Test"-database with 47 tables from a spip-system.
In one of the referrals I have foud a link to your webspace, so I asume this is yours Smile I changed some minor stuff in the database, but it doesn't seem to affect your site.

EDIT: ow, Bondings must have fixed it Smile He's gone. Well done Bondings!
Bondings
Yeah, I deleted that database. It was most probably a global test one made before I got the server. Wink
supjapscrapper
Bondings wrote:
Yeah, I deleted that database. It was most probably a global test one made before I got the server. Wink

Oh it was you!! Because I've been wonderin why my website would not work anymore overnight. I've suspected some maintenance system that deleted my database, And I assumed it was because the Test Database was the one to be used for my website.
So I've redone all the work with editing the articles and key-words, and I've promised myself never to build a website on the phpmyadmin test database Very Happy
I stressed me quite a bit, but I think it was better for me since I've had the opportunity to better understand the functioning of the cpanel system, and now my website seems to be runnig nice and smooth Very Happy

I wanna tell you guys that the quality of the support here is awesome!!

and I'm wondering why you're not rated as the best FREE webhosting provider on earth!!!
Bondings
supjapscrapper wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Oh it was you!! Because I've been wonderin why my website would not work anymore overnight. I've suspected some maintenance system that deleted my database, And I assumed it was because the Test Database was the one to be used for my website.
So I've redone all the work with editing the articles and key-words, and I've promised myself never to build a website on the phpmyadmin test database Very Happy
I stressed me quite a bit, but I think it was better for me since I've had the opportunity to better understand the functioning of the cpanel system, and now my website seems to be runnig nice and smooth Very Happy

I wanna tell you guys that the quality of the support here is awesome!!

and I'm wondering why you're not rated as the best FREE webhosting provider on earth!!!

Oh, lol, it was you who used it. Wink

However, I'm glad it's gone, because otherwise some other people might have mistakingly used it for their websites. And everyone could access/change it.

Thank you for the compliments! Very Happy
supjapscrapper
Then I guess I have to thank you!!!!

well thanks alot buddy!
I know there are always people taking good care of the business here !
isn't it folk? Very Happy