FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Beating Halo Combat Evolved on Ledgandary

hsadmin
Has anyone done this?

I finnaly did this, and found the ending a little weird, and a little perverted. If you did it, and didnt notice, or just plain havent done this, you would notice that the elite grabs the sargents butt.

Is there a different ending on Halo 2, or 3 when you beat it on ledgandary?
Magicman
I haven't actually played Halo 3 myself but I think there is an extended ending if you beat it on legendary. You can see that ending on YouTube if you want to spoil it or you can simply try to beat it on this level.
Agent ME
Yeah the Halo1 legendary scene is a bit odd.
Nothing different in Halo2 for beating on legendary - at the end of Halo3, after the end credits, there's one final scene always (make sure not to press any buttons or it skips it all!), but if you beat the last level on legendary, there's another 10-second scene after that added on hinting at what will happen next.
jtayl153
Halo 1 legendary

I got board (as u do when you keep dying over and over again) so i started a tally of my deaths.

I died in over 1400 times

but i did it
coyote
rofl...1400 times.

on topic: Yeah, that scene is on Halo 3 every time you beat it no matter what.
rightclickscott
Some of my fondest Halo memories were those of me and my brother playing through the campaign on Legendary. It was everything epic ever was, but we did it over and over again, because it was so damn fun.
andersonshatch
coyote wrote:
rofl...1400 times.

Nah, there is a slightly longer section with legendary where the music gets sinister and you see a dark planet.
rightclickscott
andersonshatch wrote:
coyote wrote:
rofl...1400 times.

Nah, there is a slightly longer section with legendary where the music gets sinister and you see a dark planet.

There are also some scenes during the funeral part, ala flash back style, showing how the ship got torn into two pieces. Other than that, it's the same ending. My guess for a new game, Master Chief lands on that black planet, and it's filled with some kind of new enemy, hell bent on destroying him.
McDucque
The ending for Halo 3 with legendary was a lot more cinematic and pleasing that the regular Halo 3 ending.

The one for Combat Evolved was a big let down, I worked hard to beat legendary =P