FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Super Smash Brothers Melee

thinkfacility
I'd say this is probably my favorite game as of right now. When it first came out five years ago I had no idea how to shield properly, considering I never owned a gamecube. Until two months ago, I still didn't. But after I decided I wanted to get good at this game, I searched up some guides, and discovered just how complex this game actually is!

After I learned about wave-dashing, L-canceling, and SHFFL'ing, I thought I was good.

Then I went on Youtube and found out just how much I still had to learn. Oh well, there's always someone better.
Whong
thinkfacility wrote:
I'd say this is probably my favorite game as of right now. When it first came out five years ago I had no idea how to shield properly, considering I never owned a gamecube. Until two months ago, I still didn't. But after I decided I wanted to get good at this game, I searched up some guides, and discovered just how complex this game actually is!

After I learned about wave-dashing, L-canceling, and SHFFL'ing, I thought I was good.

Then I went on Youtube and found out just how much I still had to learn. Oh well, there's always someone better.

Yeah, those guys out there on Youtube are really good! I myself am nowhere near though I've been playing Smash Bros Melee since the day it was released in Europe! Confused Mad

Very Happy
amysanders
whats a meele? is it a knife of some sort???
Fire Boar
No, it's a free-for-all battle. And it's spelt "Melee".

And yes, we are talking about the game, Super Smash Bros. Melee. And yes, it owns. Check this out.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nGBIGKnuU&feature=related
Ghengis
I had no idea about any of that "hardcore" stuff -- I played my roommate's copy until we unlocked everything, and the multiplayer battles were really fun, but we were pretty evenly matched. I'm pretty sure any of those guys from the Youtube videos could go a whole fight against any of us without taking a hit.

It was a damn good game though -- I think it might be the only Gamecube million-seller that they didn't make a "Player's Choice" game for 20 bucks. It still carries a retail price of 30 bucks, and can go for even more used.
carlospro7
love the game. I actually just bought a game cube a couple months ago and I love the game. I'm not good at though. Still got a lot to learn.
kicy
I never used tricks like wave dashing ( Because I havn't learnd them yet ), I always used dodge and sheild and other attacks to counter my friends attacks. No tricks, just plain skill Smile
vonboy
never realy felt the need to learn wave dashing or anything like that on this game. i've just been playing it to have fun. i don't ever realy play it against anybody else, so i don't have a compedative feel for it. i'll just play again the computer and mess around with the options and make the battles realy wierd.
RedPiano
SSBM is definitely the greatest fighter of all time, not only is it fun but it's so fun it can last you for years! SSBM FTMFW!
Patriot Players
Absolutely superb game, this series just came out of nowhere and is now a stronghold of the nintendo franchise. I am looking forward to the wii version coming out. That will probably be the day I actually put forth the effort required to obtain a wii.
hlavco
Yeah, the Smash series is awesome. It's amazing how it still keeps up its popularity, and people are always finding new tricks. Some of the people I know play in tournaments, and they're crazy. When I beat those guys, it's an accomplishment.

I can't wait until Brawl comes out, even though my two main characters, Pichu and Ness, are probably gonna be kicked out. I think I might try to use Diddy. Also, level editor will be the best thing ever.
Ghengis
I remember the first time I unlocked Ness in the original (N64) version. Man, I was pumped -- he was one of my favorite characters from a previous Nintendo game, plus he had a bat *all the time*.

Sometimes I worry that a game loses "focus" when they add a bunch of new characters -- trying to play a console fighting game nowadays you'd have to spend a hundred hours just to memorize everybody's moves, much less get really *good* with somebody. They keep announcing new characters for SSBB, and I'm getting concerned that there's just too many.
Jakob [JaWGames]
I had played the game for about a year and pretty much beated all I know in it when I realised that you could become Good on it (with Capital letter.) I worked hard at it for about a year before it tired me out, most because of lack of meleemotivated friends and still I have much to learn.

When Brawl comes out, then I will become good... Smile