FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

looking for a good music composer

aningbo
anyone tried their hands of music composer? like making a gr8 tune. yes i mean with all the music instruments together.

looking for a good composer to generate digital music. have been singing and playing guitar lately. just wanna add some instrumentals in the background.

do you know any good software out there?

thanx
greatfire
do you mean like a midi creator editor?
AftershockVibe
Indeed... there are two things which are different but you might mean.

Firstly, there are tools which are basically sequencers so you can mix samples of audio, drum loops etc and apply effects. Then, there are other programs which allow you to place notes on a stave and literally "write" the music.

Most professional (ie Expensive) programs have elements of both but started out as one or the other. What exactly do you want to do?
aningbo
i'm looking for a software that could actually "write" the music so that i could make a song without using any music instruments (live).
Loghete
I've used Fruity Loops Studio for 3 years and I'm very pleased with it, I recommend it. It's relatively cheap, too (cheapest version is $49).

http://www.flstudio.com/
Try the demo if you want to.
yanille
Fruit loops is my personal favorite.
AftershockVibe
I started out using Cakewalk. Cakewalk is actually a brand which covers a large range of stuff. On their website they have some youTube videos so you can have a look and see which you actually want.
http://www.cakewalk.com/

Sibelius also comes highly recommended as a single program with all the bells and whistles you'd need. It has a demo as well on the website.
http://www.sibelius.com/

Cool
Indyan
Fruity Loops is what you are looking for.
Studio Madcrow
There's probably a few nice FOSS programs too, but as I don't have speakers at the moment, I can't try anything out...
dhthaking
ill make em for ya
free
hit me up:
huizar13yahoo.com
froginabox
Fruity Loops is great, I would mess around with the demo. It can do some really powerful stuff!

Other programs for Windows (not free) are Cakewalk and ACID Pro. Mac you can use Garage Band (kinda), Cubase, Logic, and Reason.
aningbo
thanx guys.... will be checking on th products. have been browsing through the comments of fruity loops. hope its exactly wat i'm looking for. will be looking through catwalk too. thanx again guys