FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Israel

megetron
Have you ever been to Israel. The holly land?

Israel is a small yet diverse Middle Eastern country with a long coastline on the eastern Mediterranean Sea and a small window on the Red Sea at the Gulf of Eilat (Aqaba). Israel is bordered by Egypt and Gaza Strip to the southwest, by Jordan and the West Bank to the east (with which it shares a border along the Jordan River and the Dead Sea), and by Syria and Lebanon to the north.

Although Israel was established specifically for the Jewish people, Israel is considered a Holy Land (together with areas of Jordan, Egypt and the Palestinian Territories), to four major world religions - Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Bahá'í Faith - as well as a vibrant modern history and culture, based in no small part on the diverse, mostly immigrant origins of its inhabitants from the Arab world and the Jewish Diaspora. These aspects make Israel a fascinating (if sometimes challenging) drawcard for many travellers and pilgrims.

Israel is a highly urbanized and economically developed society and is therefore best divided for the traveller into its main cities and towns, followed by the regions and other sites.

You are more then welcome visit here all forum members Smile
heptagon
I have never been to Israel but it's definitely top of my list. As a teenager I was already fascinated, dunno, partly because of its place in history and partly because of the fact that it's constantly present in the news.

Do you think that we will see an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in our lifetime?
levys1
and maybe not...
anyway i am israeli citizen, i love my country and i feel very safe..
and there is no reason not to visit israel because of terror thereats
you cant feel it at all
megetron
levys1 wrote:
and maybe not...
anyway i am israeli citizen, i love my country and i feel very safe..
and there is no reason not to visit israel because of terror thereats
you cant feel it at all

no conflicts I see there. only solutions. its only matter of time untill solution will come.
untill then, as my neighbour said feel free to comeback Smile
Billy Hill
I have a couple of good eFriends in Israel. One of them had a terrorist missile land in his yard last year. Shocked

He has described it to me on many occasions and written many poems about it. It sounds incredibly beautiful.
heptagon
It's very noble to love one's country. At least you have one whereas the Palestinians don't.

As I see it, the concept of countries with clearly defined boundaries is a modern invention that does not seem to go too well with those living in the Holy Land today. Some borders have been literally drawn with blood over the years while others have avoided the conflict.

The maps of Africa and the Middle East are full of arbitrary straight lines dividing communities; there are Kurds in Turkey, Iraq, Iran Syria and Armenia. Nomads in the Maghreb and the Arabian peninsula, tribes split over several countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

Even in today's Europe, many boundaries still divide people. Kosovo, technically a province of Serbia, is about to declare independence due to the fact that 90% of its population is ethnically Albanian. German-speaking minorities exist in Italy, France, Belgium amongst other countries. An important Hungarian minority lives in Romania. Samis live between Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Russia. And the list could go on and on.

Also, several auto self-determination exist; Flanders in Belgium, Corsica in France, Scotland in the UK, Bask Country and Catalonia in Spain.
Billy Hill
The boundaries of today may not be the boundaries of yesteryear. Wars bring changes in so called ownership of land.
undergroundking_tourus
world can understand adolf because of this tiny country...so cute so lovely...
frih
you have terriorism in each and every country. we have it in america,britain,india,etc....accident can happen anywhere on road,in home,etc...i want to visit israel. i heard much about it. it has good infrastructure. can you tell me more about it?

have a nice time!!!!!!

regards
abhi Surprised
Coen
frih wrote:
it has good infrastructure. can you tell me more about it?

That good infrastructure is only usefull if you are either on holiday or are an Isreali. The Palestines living there can't use the same roads and are forced to use lesser roads even though they are still on Palestinian terretory. So that good infrastructure is only available to some, there's definetly room for improvement there.
galiran
i live in israel.. the north is beautiful (specially the ramat hagolan)
sollo123
once i was there in isarel as there is a holy place of jesus christ.