FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is my motherboard doomed?

J-Evil
Hi. I went into my BIOS to change a few hardware configurations just a bit ago, things went without a hitch, but while I was in there I noticed that it said that the CPU temp was 149F and rising by 1 degree about every 2 minutes, though, I felt the side of my computer's case and it only felt a bit warm, not hot so I have no idea how reliable that bios thing would be with temps.
orcaz
most bios usually haf an option to restore default configuration settings. u can try to restore the default settings and monitor ur temp again.
Alie
Move out a motherboard's battery for a second to restore default settings, or use any other supported feature. Check computer's temperature using Everest program in both cases (before and after making changes in BIOS). Also you can check computers stability wit OCCT program.
Twisted Evil
ssthanapati
open c cpu cover and carefully touch the heatsink without touching any other component... it will give u an idea if its really that hot
emem
Well it MAY be your motherboard, that is telling you the wrong information, but there also might be a misunderstanding: some ASUS motherboards say the extra AUX temperature, that is not important, as far as I know Smile It is usually about 130c...

But also sensors can be damaged or broken or something.