FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Wii





Yantaal
has caught up and overtaken the 360 in sales.

and also another reason to buy the wii is the wii zapper about to be released (in england) allready out elsewhere, so awesome, so now you can hold it just like a rifle in arcade games, its going to be so awesome
gibbo
holy C**P i never thought that would happen, the graphics are not that good so iv heard on the Wii
QrafTee
Yantaal wrote:
has caught up and overtaken the 360 in sales.

and also another reason to buy the wii is the wii zapper about to be released (in england) allready out elsewhere, so awesome, so now you can hold it just like a rifle in arcade games, its going to be so awesome

The Wii overtook 360 sales awhile ago (I believe 2+ months ago) worldwide. The only reason I'd even get the Wii Zapper is for the mini-game that came with it--Link's Crossbow Training. I'd get a better looking 3rd party Wii Zapper attachment. I believe I saw one that looks and feels like a real gun (except it looks pure white and cannot imitate the weight of a real gun) that allows the nunchuck to be detached. I haven't tried the Wii Zapper, but it doesn't look like it would feel as comfortable as an Arcade Light Gun.
amysanders
Couldnt any console actualy make an addon where it uses the same concept as the Wii does, i know someone that built a glove for their pc which was pretty fun so you could even make one for pc. you would get much better graphics and performance im sure.
Whong
gibbo wrote:
holy C**P i never thought that would happen, the graphics are not that good so iv heard on the Wii


Well graphics aren't the only thing that make a game good. Wink There is much more to a game than just graphics. Smile
GeoS
Hehe, Wiis are sold out EVERYWHERE, you could probably sell one to raving parent hit squads for £300-£350, when they're £180. I got mine late October from my mate for £165, Zelda and RE4 included.

He really hates me now.

I'm just trying to track down an extra controller now, which are equally sold out, seeing as thats what everyone buys when they get a Wii pretty much.

The industry really needs to tone it down concerning technological advancement, I think Wii was the perfect example of how to do that. Graphics aren't very important, RE4 beats Assasin's Creed any day...
Yantaal
Whong wrote:
gibbo wrote:
holy C**P i never thought that would happen, the graphics are not that good so iv heard on the Wii


Well graphics aren't the only thing that make a game good. Wink There is much more to a game than just graphics. Smile


i couldnt agree more

annoys the tits of me when people are all like, the graphics are poor so the game and consol emust be poor.

takle ocarina of time, its my faverouite game, ever, even now, and the graphics in comparison to whatis VAILABLE, are way bad
ZeroXD
amysanders wrote:
Couldnt any console actualy make an addon where it uses the same concept as the Wii does, i know someone that built a glove for their pc which was pretty fun so you could even make one for pc. you would get much better graphics and performance im sure.


It is possible to add motion sensing for the other consoles , but that will become an "add-on" component. Games that have been designed for use with add-ons have generally done very very poorly in the gaming industry except for possibly Guitar Hero which has totally taken the gaming industry by storm.

So for a gaming developer's point of view, designing a game for an add-on that most people might not have, already dramatically cuts the potential game selling well. So from a game companies point of view, it is very risky to pour a ton of money into a game that will most likely be very poorly received.

As for the comment about Wii having poor graphics, it's pretty much true. From the specs of a Wii, it's pretty much a modified gamecube with motion sensing, and wifi built in. However, what Nintendo lacks in breakthrough technology, they make up for in break-through ingenuity.
Whong
ZeroXD wrote:

As for the comment about Wii having poor graphics, it's pretty much true. From the specs of a Wii, it's pretty much a modified gamecube with motion sensing, and wifi built in. However, what Nintendo lacks in breakthrough technology, they make up for in break-through ingenuity.


That's true, Wii's graphics aren't really the top, but When looking at games like Metroid Prime Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy I think they're quite fine. Very Happy
Fire Boar
Aye, once again, I couldn't agree more. I would never say the graphics engine for the Wii is "bad". It is simply "not mindblowing". There is a big difference. High-definition graphics are near-realism (with a touch too much bloom, in most cases). Games are not real. Anyone remember "Zelda: a Link to the Past"? That was mind-blowingly good fun, and the graphics by today's standards are shockingly awful. (If you missed out on the SNES era or this gem of a game, get it on the Virtual Console for the Wii. Trust me - it's a great buy. Wink )
dac_nip
wii.. we are planning to buy one soon! i hope it will be that good.. Very Happy
Related topics
The Nintendo "Wii"
Nintendo "Revolutions" Wii
Nintendo Wii(Revolution)
WII aplasto a PS3 y XBOX360
[UNOFFICIAL] Nintendo Wii Poll
Poll nintendo wii controller
Qual console de video game vocês irão adquirir?
[OFFICIAL?] Wii!
[games]30 de octubre el día de la Wii.
Nintendo Wii MiniSite: Opens July 16th
Nintento Wii
Nintendo Wii MiniBoards!
Monsters Rampage para Wii.
YouTube: Wii VS PS3
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.