FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your opinion on this?

Does weight have any bearing on romance, dating, and similar things?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Maybe
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

medievalman26
Does weight have any bearing on romance, dating, and similar things? I think it does have some sway over our opinions(although it shouldn't). Your thoughts?
GSIS
No doubt about it. First impressions count. Most people naturally prefer partners who can 'bring home the bacon', father (or mother) a healthy child etc. In general, if you don't look fit and healthy for any reason you are less likely to find a partner.

Another side of the argument is that many people choose partners that they have something in common with. I'm overweight - so is my SO. Many people have a psychological preference for lardies so - if you're overweight - you might find locating a partner more difficult, but it won't be impossible.
mike_phi
Weight does not have any bearing on romance or dating, I think its about preference some people like slim others like curvy and others like chubby etc.

it depends where you go looking for romance the feild that you play in, if you play in the right feild you would not even be concerned by this.

To me the fat content on the lady is not inversly praportunal to the romance level I feel or generate, to me the romance is based on the romance otherwise it would not be romance : )

cheers
cybernytrix
Believe it or not most human beings are just that - human. Weight, appearance all matter. So do the personality, IQ, $$$ etc. Different people have different preferences and some are adamant about certain things (reminds me of the chick who tried to hook up with a millionaire on craigslist).
What is unfortunate is that most people tend to categorize all these as either "good" or "bad" and this tends to complicate things...
volotao
cybernytrix wrote:
Believe it or not most human beings are just that - human. Weight, appearance all matter. So do the personality, IQ, $$$ etc. Different people have different preferences and some are adamant about certain things (reminds me of the chick who tried to hook up with a millionaire on craigslist).
What is unfortunate is that most people tend to categorize all these as either "good" or "bad" and this tends to complicate things...

In this topic I agree with you, cybernytrix! This is my opinion too.
Flarkis
Most of the things we think about a person are from our first impression. Like cybernytrix said we look at things like IQ and weight to judge a person. Usually if these first impressions are not the most flattering that we tend to back off.
molif
first impressions usually appearance DO count. but those usually never last. example, you get together with a hot girl or a cute guy... it's only based on looks. it may last, but 90% of the time it doesn't.

if knowing them for a longer period, usually it wouldn't matter anymore.
annapurnatraders
medievalman26 wrote:
Does weight have any bearing on romance, dating, and similar things? I think it does have some sway over our opinions(although it shouldn't). Your thoughts?

that is so true. One of my friend is so desperately waiting for a Tall, Dark & Handsome rich guy to come to into her life. She is so passionate about marrying rich guy. But on the other side, she is very nice girl and don't look like she is that kinda girl.
volotao
molif wrote:
first impressions usually appearance DO count. but those usually never last. example, you get together with a hot girl or a cute guy... it's only based on looks. it may last, but 90% of the time it doesn't.
if knowing them for a longer period, usually it wouldn't matter anymore.

I agree with this, too: the time can change our senses and we can change our opinions, specially about our friend´s appearence.

(But consider weight most of time is something one can treat and modify).
ciureanuc
medievalman26 wrote:

I have 230 pounds and my girlfriend have 110 pounds... so what!? When I met her, 4 years ago, I was 165 pounds and she was 110 pounds.

You asked if weight have bearing on romance... I don't like skinny girls. This answer is good? Smile In fact, I HATE skinny girls.
* The ancient Arabians thought that a fat lady is right and a skinny lady is bad.
* The human instinct "feel" that a kinda big girl can (sorry, I can't find the word) "produce" healthy children.
* If I will quote some rap lyrics: "I like big buts and I cannot lie." Smile
* I am Romanian and in our countryside, older people use to say: "be fat and beautiful". This is really a quote: "e grasa si frumoasa". Smile Of course, young people maybe don't believe this anymore... but if you were born in Romania 1907... to be fat it would have been a sign that you are healthy. Healthy and rich. Very Happy Even today, my mother said that I am too fat for 105kilos but if I will lose 20kilos she probably will say: "something happen, are you sick??"

I had a school friend who was quite fat. She always was complaining about it, everyday she was looking about ways to become skinny... you know? The dream come true. She is skinny... And me... I find her UGLY! Because she was too tall (180cm) and right now she lost sooooo much weight...

Well, are you consider yourself too fat or too skinny?? Smile
medievalman26
I agree with most of you it shouldn't have a bearing on dating or romance but it does seem to leak in most of the time. I myself weigh 230ish(probably lower now), what it seems like, to me anyway, is that if you are heavier you tend to not be as confident as someone who is "physically fit". Of course to me weight has nothing to do with the dating/love scenario,but for some it does. Thankfully in the end it really comes down to personality and not looks.