FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot create / save files

dayveday
Hi,

I'm having an issue with files which I have not encountered before, and it's kinda urgent that I can fix it.
When I'm am trying to save a file using FTP or DirectAdmin, the process is failing. The actual file is being created, but it is empty. Even manually editing and saving the file in DirectAdmin doesn't work. I've tried deleting and re-uploading, and using different file names but it always fails. The file is only a small Perl script.

Filezilla reports in its log "Transfer aborted. No space left on device". I'm nowhere near my quota - does anyone know what could be going on!? Shocked

Thanks in advance!
dayveday
More info:

I did have a whole heap of small files (maybe a few hundred - couple of thousand) of small files (each around 1k). When I deleted these, at first, I was able to upload files again. However, uploading has stopped working again.

It's a real pain - I go to make a minor change to a file, and instead of improving it the whole file is deleted without warning, or anyway to go back!

Argh!! Brick wall
alem
Heey, i am facing this problem too!!!!

I cannot create any file on my account. I use ordinary FTP programs,which were working right but now I just cannot create(in fact it is created as an empty file)

I am lucky that it wasn't the index file that I wan't to change. if that is the case, now i would have no homepage!)
jylan
This problem is happening to me to, using Fireftp and Directadmin uploading. Is this a temporary issue or something?
dayveday
It's not possible that the server is actually out of space is it! Surprised
I'm just wondering, because when I did some cleaning up, I could upload for a small while?!
dayveday
And it happened again - I found some files I could delete, and I was able to upload straight after... maybe that will work for others who need a quick fix and sacrifice a large file.
jylan
Hmmm, I just managed to upload about 12 files just then (Using FireFTP) without deleting anything. Maybe it's just a fault or something?
alem
HEY, It is working now!
but we had a dream or smething else? what was the problem?
dayveday
I dunno, it only seems to work for me when I delete files (I just deleted about 1.3M - so maybe that was enough for you two too?!)

The problem is also happening from within Apache too - one of my Perl scripts is failing whenever it tries to write new files too!

Keeping us on our toes at least!