FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Society

Yantaal
the world is doomed, its jutgradualy getting worse and worse.

on saturday in my quaint english town, two or three 16/17 yr old boys, drunk of their tits, stole somebodeys car keys from their coat pocket, and then stole their car. They drunk drove a to another town and then was goign to pass it on to be torched.

WTF is going on in this world, nobody respects anybodty anymore, does nobody teach their children morals!?

am i the onyl one who feels like this, i asm bloody appauled and just needed a rant
_moo_
Yantaal wrote:
the world is doomed, its jutgradualy getting worse and worse.

on saturday in my quaint english town, two or three 16/17 yr old boys, drunk of their tits, stole somebodeys car keys from their coat pocket, and then stole their car. They drunk drove a to another town and then was goign to pass it on to be torched.

WTF is going on in this world, nobody respects anybodty anymore, does nobody teach their children morals!?

am i the onyl one who feels like this, i asm bloody appauled and just needed a rant

While that is a terrible thing to do,stuff like this did happen years and years ago too, in a same amount too I'd say.
AftershockVibe
Quote:
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod, Greek Philosopher (8th century B.C.)
ocalhoun
^Yes, this has been a problem for a long, long time. It's perfectly normal human behavior to do such things.
erlendhg
No, you're not the only one.

I must say I totally agree.

I get so annoyed when youths (like myself) do such silly and dangerous things.
I also get angry inside when I see repectless youths throwing garbage stright on the ground.
Are they really so "narrow-sighted"?
Yantaal
thing is i am only 20, three years older than them, but when i was their age i was scared of bigger kids, i would never have been gobby towards them, its bludy outrageous.
ajm71
I don't believe that it is perfectly normal behavior and I do believe that we are witnessing the degradation of society. The stories are everywhere of people doing heinous crimes to children, destruction of property, no moral boundaries, no limits. I have several children and am very cautious about what they are exposed to. In America, have you ever walked into Blockbuster Movie Rentals? The majority of movies are slasher, horror, gore movies. I can't take my little girls in there to look at movies because the boxed have pictures of monsters, or gory scenes. It is ridiculous! Were you just ranting, probably, but let me pull my soap box up next to yours! More people need to rant. I am a Christian, but I am not saying all people have to be Christian or even religious, but where is the decency of just being a human being!
Yantaal
yes i was just ranting, and i gald you feel the same, im nto religious at all, but i know whats right and know whats bloody out of order.
Zombie
I can see your point, but theres nothing you can do to stop a random rowdy group of kids. Stuff like that happens. Anyway, if you download firefox you'll have a built in spellchecker.... yeah...
minty
ajm71 wrote:
The stories are everywhere of people doing heinous crimes to children, destruction of property, no moral boundaries, no limits.

Whoa whoa whoa! Hold your horses there for just a second! First off, how many of these stories have you witnessed first hand? Furthermore, how many stories are out there that talk about the good in the world? For instance, did you hear about when I went out of my way and donated $3 to the Salvation Army? Or that I paid $5 for some food that was worth only $.50 since it was going to a fundraising at a hospital? Or have you read about when Bill Gates passes on more than 9/10 of his worth are donated to charities around the world? I wouldn't expect so. Yes I understand that I was not even a pinch in the pot, however, a lot of people do this same thing on a day-to-day basis, which far outweighs the stories that you hear/read about!!!

The news media does not report on the "good" side of society because people do not want to hear about that. People, by nature, want to criticize and judge others. Therefore they report on the "bad" side of society to boost their ratings. Just pay attention to the local news the next time that you watch/hear and take count of the number of good things they report. I DO agree that those teens were way overboard and should be severely punished, however, I do not believe that you need to say that society is degrading. Next time when you are out and about look for the good. I guarantee you will see more people doing good than people doing bad!
missdixy
It's not the spirit that changes, just the method. For as long as humanity has existed, there have been people who do such terrible things, people with that mean/horrible spirit. The only thing that changes is the method.
LostOverThere
Yeah, people have always done things to this degree. People always claim this stuff is getting worse, but in my opinion, its just different.

Heck, in the 1960's gay's were murdered on the streets. That has (hopefully) slowed, but other things have sped up.