FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pocket PC Games

daviosoftware
Hi,

I've recently bought a MIO PDA with Windows Mobile 6.0. I'm looking for some cool free games witch works for this. I have tried some games like heroes for pocket pc but this doesn't work. I'll appreciate some links. Thanks!
TravelBugs
Hi daviosoftware.
i have an ipaq 5550 and just installed a gameboy advance emulator on it and runs perfect!!!
i don΄t know if thats the kind of game you're looking for, but anyway this is the name of the software: PocketGBA rel. 060526

Very Happy
t4tommy
I run pocket NES. its a nintendo emulator.

works great.

there is also pocket snes... but my ipaq doesnt have enought buttons.. i need a bluetooth controller to play.
Ghengis
There's a port of ScummVM that runs on WinMo -- I have a HTC TyTN phone and it works great there. Most of the games aren't technically free (probably depends on your view on abandonware), but there are several Lucasarts games that have been released to the public domain and can be run legitimately for free. Likewise, if you own any of the old LucasArts games (or if you buy them cheap off ebay) you can copy the data files from the CDs and play them on Scumm.

Otherwise, it's hard to suggest any free games -- Popcap makes a number of really good games, but they're all for-pay. I don't have many chances to play games on my PDA -- I use it to web browse and read RSS feeds much more often -- but when I do, it's usually Scumm.

Other suggestions (not game-related): Opera 9.5 beta (free), Pocket RSS Reader (open source), Resco utilities (for-pay, if you want), TCPMP (free, but sadly out of date)