FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iTunes on 64 bit machine

Tony The Tiger
One of my best friends just purchased an 80GB iPod. He is using a 64bit Windows machine and is having trouble getting his machine to install iTunes correctly or recognize that it is installed correctly. Does iTunes have known difficulty configuring correctly on 64 bit machines. I do not really know what it means to have a 64 bit machine so I am not sure how to help him figure out what is going on with his system.
Handyman
There should not be a problem with iTunes on a 64 bit. Leopard is 64 bit and was written to run on it. You might want to make sure you have the most current version of iTines and that the firm ware on the iPod is updated.

I have iTunes running on my XP Pro 64 bit machine with no problems. I also have it running on my new iMac with Leopard.
Talk2Tom11
I use to run windows xp 64-bit. I would use iTunes with no problems. However if you surf through apples site, they do say that iTunes doesn't work on 64-bit. So I am not to sure as to why mine worked. Then again I was not running any version ov iTunes above 7.1. So maybe you should try and older version.
Tony The Tiger
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
if you surf through apples site, they do say that iTunes doesn't work on 64-bit.

Do you have a link for this claim?
Talk2Tom11
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
if you surf through apples site, they do say that iTunes doesn't work on 64-bit.

Do you have a link for this claim?

here you go Tiger....

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301301