FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gundam 00

zanzou
Anybody watching it?

It's the first Gundam series I've really been interested in since Wing. Quite a few people have said it's basically "Wing, but done right". There's only 8 episodes out at the moment, so things aren't quite clear yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

(Though there has been some fansubber drama, so if you're looking for subs, you might want to read the reviews, first.)
ddukki
Is this the Gundam series that was supposed to sequel Wing? Or am I think of Endless Waltz? Either way, Wing was an amazing series. If this tops Wing, that's a pretty bold statement.
zanzou
ddukki wrote:
Is this the Gundam series that was supposed to sequel Wing? Or am I think of Endless Waltz? Either way, Wing was an amazing series. If this tops Wing, that's a pretty bold statement.

It's not a sequel-- Endless Waltz was the OAV of that series.

This is a new series, that shares a lot of the same elements and themes as Wing, but the story is flowing a lot better. I can't imagine it taking over Wing as my favourite Gundam series, but it's still looking to be really good. :D
driftingfe3s
I'm watching Gundam 00 as well, and so far I'm liking it. I didn't really get into it untill the episode four or five. I don't know what I didn't like about it, maybe becuase it seemed like it started slow, but the first few episodes were a little boring to watch. Now that things have started to develop I'm enjoying it, excited for the next episode.
zanzou
driftingfe3s wrote:
I'm watching Gundam 00 as well, and so far I'm liking it. I didn't really get into it untill the episode four or five. I don't know what I didn't like about it, maybe becuase it seemed like it started slow, but the first few episodes were a little boring to watch. Now that things have started to develop I'm enjoying it, excited for the next episode.

XD I started really getting into it on episode three or four, myself-- I think this happened because they're being careful not to rush things, because they're doing a lot of plots with a lot of characters. >_>
crimson_aria
i'm pissed Sunrise has put the sequel of Code Geass on hold because of this. it's good? maybe I should watch it then.
dude_xyx
Haven't watched it yet. I didn't know it has started since i was too busy with work and stuff.
zanzou
crimson_aria wrote:
i'm pissed Sunrise has put the sequel of Code Geass on hold because of this. it's good? maybe I should watch it then.

:) So far it's looking to be quite good.

I was sad to hear that it was going to be getting a second season ahead of Geass, though.
Seiji
This is my first time hearing of it. I wasn't into Gundam Seed Destiny so I'm going to give this try even though I didn't like Wing much either. Only Gundam I did enjoy was G Gundam.
crimson_aria
zanzou wrote:
crimson_aria wrote:

Smile So far it's looking to be quite good.

I was sad to hear that it was going to be getting a second season ahead of Geass, though.

it's gonna have its second season before Geass? D: Code Geass 2nd season will be on April. graahh.. so far. thought it would be January.

i still haven't watched Gundam 00. but i will. just finding time. i guess i have to fill myself with it for the meantime cause April is still 4 months to go.
zanzou
crimson_aria wrote:
it's gonna have its second season before Geass? D: Code Geass 2nd season will be on April. graahh.. so far. thought it would be January.

i still haven't watched Gundam 00. but i will. just finding time. i guess i have to fill myself with it for the meantime cause April is still 4 months to go.

I heard that somewhere, not sure where. Geass has been on hold for me for a while due to time constraints (and yes I can fit in G00? Wth, priorities...)

:D Christmas holidays are the best time to catch up!
crimson_aria
zanzou wrote:

Very Happy Christmas holidays are the best time to catch up!

haha~ yah, Christmas holiday means break means catch up. lol.

I already watched episode 1. did not interest me, but i will continue. perhaps i need more episodes to get hooked. besides, i've heard a lot of people comparing it to wing and wing is my most favorite of the gundam series. so I will watch it. hehe.
zanzou
crimson_aria wrote:
I already watched episode 1. did not interest me, but i will continue. perhaps i need more episodes to get hooked. besides, i've heard a lot of people comparing it to wing and wing is my most favorite of the gundam series. so I will watch it. hehe.

:) I only really got into it around episode 3/4. But it's totally worth it once you get to that point.
exarkun
the wing series is the first gundam show i ever seen. It was cool and there was like 5 main powerful characters and i like their gundam, all have their own pros. The latter gundam show that came out almost work on the same concept, but i still like the original storyline.
Revvion
Its not a really interesting show for me compared to shows like gundam wing and seed, it seems to lack something that keeps me from getting hooked.
zanzou
Revvion wrote:
Its not a really interesting show for me compared to shows like gundam wing and seed, it seems to lack something that keeps me from getting hooked.

Just a curiosity-- how many episodes have you seen? I felt the same way until I hit episode 3 or 4, but then I was totally hooked. :)
crimson_aria
zanzou wrote:

Smile I only really got into it around episode 3/4. But it's totally worth it once you get to that point.

i watched episode 2 the other day and I'm still not feeling the urge to watch the next episode but, seeing episode 2 made it more interesting than by just seeing episode 1. guess i need to get to episode 3 and 4 then. thanks! i'll keep that in mind.
zanzou
crimson_aria wrote:
i watched episode 2 the other day and I'm still not feeling the urge to watch the next episode but, seeing episode 2 made it more interesting than by just seeing episode 1. guess i need to get to episode 3 and 4 then. thanks! i'll keep that in mind.

^^ I helped me get into it that I could just marathon the first few episodes instead of waiting for them to come out one by one...... Same thing with Wing; I only really liked it after the third episode. :D
zanzou
Having now watched the entire first season, I cannot recommend this anime enough. :) Right around episode 10, it gets AMAZING, and just doesn't stop until the end. :D

They did a really, really great job on this one. :]
hmfans
They did an okay job on the series.

Gundam is the original shiz out of them all. Besides DBZ and Sailor Moon.
zanzou
hmfans wrote:

I would say that Gundam is on a whole other level than DB and Sailor Moon, purely because it started in the 80s and is a series, instead of a series that went on for a lot of years (mostly in the 90s).

:) I was really overly pleased with it, I must say.
driftingfe3s
hmfans wrote:

Only okay? I thoguht the 00 was awesome and I can't wait for season 2.

I don't know how you can compare it to DBZ where for episodes on end all they are doing are talking and nothing happens and when the action or any plot development happens it lasts only one or two episodes. And sailor moon is one of those typical animes that follow the same formula for pretty much every episode with one monster they have to beat, which is beat the same way each time.
zanzou
driftingfe3s wrote:

Only okay? I thoguht the 00 was awesome and I can't wait for season 2.

I don't know how you can compare it to DBZ where for episodes on end all they are doing are talking and nothing happens and when the action or any plot development happens it lasts only one or two episodes. And sailor moon is one of those typical animes that follow the same formula for pretty much every episode with one monster they have to beat, which is beat the same way each time.

Well, to be fair, both of them were based off mangas, so filler was BOUND to take up some amount of time.

Filler isn't even always bad, as long as the plot payoff in the end is worth it. :)
Sundae
In my views as a mecha freaks, Gundam 00 has the most futuristic feels design in most of it's mechas. Flags, Gundam, even GN-X. Waaaay better that Wing & SEED because the gundam can actually be destroyed with just crappy mech (euh.. okay... the pilot of the Flag is Graham Acre.. I know..) more realistic than the undestroyable mechs from that 2 series that I mentioned.

There's also a sidestory manga called Gundam 00F Another Gundam Meister, please read it XD
zanzou
Sundae wrote:

There's also a sidestory manga called Gundam 00F Another Gundam Meister, please read it XD

Do you know which scanslations groups (if any) are doing 00F? Because I've seen a lot of the scans, but they've always been raws.
dude_xyx
Seems better than those old series. more action.
driftingfe3s
I found out the second season starts in October. I can't wiat for it to start.
Warberg
Gundam Seed = Awesome
Gundam Seed Destiny = Horrible and boring.
zanzou
Warberg wrote:
Gundam Seed = Awesome

Who was talking about Gundam Seed?
driftingfe3s
zanzou wrote:
Warberg wrote:
Gundam Seed = Awesome

Who was talking about Gundam Seed?

Haha, yeah seriously. That guy needs to learn to read topics.
blk3
I haven't seen this one yet. I've watched Gundam G only. and some episodes of Gundam Wing.
zanzou
driftingfe3s wrote:

Haha, yeah seriously. That guy needs to learn to read topics.

Gundam: Seriously, we're more than just SEED. Seriously.
crimson_aria
so Code Geass just ended and Gundam 00 is coming up. I'm so sorry that I can't watch it yet. cause.. uhm.. I'm honestly embarrassed that I haven't seen past episode 3. >.< the Christmas break didn't help. nor the summer break I had. orz. and now i can't watch it cause my exams are coming next week. school is ending and i have lots of things to do. i'm so sorry Gundam 00.
thetinyclam
****Small Spoilers*****

I actually just saw Episode 1 of Season two yesterday...and all I have to say is WOW this is going to be a great season for Gundam. The characters have all grown up, and there has been a lot of developments made in the time between--a lot of shockers for sure. Also, it seems like every mobile suit in the world is now fitted with the fake solar furnaces, so the next set of GUNDAMs will be even better and faster for sure. No doubt about that.
mikakiev
Cia is very good as cool as gundam
driftingfe3s
thetinyclam wrote:
****Small Spoilers*****

I actually just saw Episode 1 of Season two yesterday...and all I have to say is WOW this is going to be a great season for Gundam. The characters have all grown up, and there has been a lot of developments made in the time between--a lot of shockers for sure. Also, it seems like every mobile suit in the world is now fitted with the fake solar furnaces, so the next set of GUNDAMs will be even better and faster for sure. No doubt about that.

I totally agree! It started off great and I was so excited to see what has happened since last season. It does look like it will get more intense and crazy. I can't wait for episode three!
combox27
Awesome i lik it
driftingfe3s
Anyone been keeping up with season 2? I just caught up today and I'm really liking the direction its going.
ddukki
I've finally finished the first season and am working on the second. This is definitely a spiritual / thematic sequel to Wing, and I have to admit that it's made me want to watch Wing again.

I'm really glad Setsuna didn't turn out to be an emo-crazed fighter with a vendetta against the world. He seems well-balanced emotionally, which is a nice change from the J-Drama in anime nowadays.
QrafTee
zanzou wrote:
Anybody watching it?

It's the first Gundam series I've really been interested in since Wing. Quite a few people have said it's basically "Wing, but done right". There's only 8 episodes out at the moment, so things aren't quite clear yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

(Though there has been some fansubber drama, so if you're looking for subs, you might want to read the reviews, first.)

I'm watching it, up to episode 19... (Season 02) It's pretty crazy. I loved how SEED and Destiny rebooted Gundam and 00s reboot of Wing is nice as well. I like how Wing was structured story wise, but 00s created their own thing. I enjoy Season 02 much more as each battle seems to matter.
paskifire
it's a kickass gundam anime.. There are protagonists being killed, antagonists that are invincible and of course gundam battles with beam and sword.
amperx
yeah, best gundam to date for me since wing. i like how clean they did the animation, and the gundams model look sweet Very Happy, still hate the pink smoke clouds though XD
paskifire
I'm looking forward to the movie. It's 2010 and it should be released.
QrafTee
paskifire wrote:
I'm looking forward to the movie. It's 2010 and it should be released.
I want a new Gundam series. A movie is nice, but it'll only keep me occupied for 2 hours; a series will keep me occupied an entire season (or two if it gets enough fanfare).
jigoku05
^ yeah a new series would be great. I thought Gundam Unicorn is a series and it turned out to be an OVA.