FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Twelve Kingdoms

zanzou
I know this anime is a bit old, but I recently marathoned most of the fist season, and I'm hooked. I feel like you can tell that it's based off of novels, from the pacing-- it's not so rushed feeling as some animes can be. (The anime is based off a series of 6 novels, each one focusing on different areas of the new world. Despite mostly being focused on one female lead, they still work in a lot of the plot from the other novels.)

:) It's basically a similar story as Fushigi Yugi, only without the romance. A girl gets dragged into another world, ends up being the Empress, political intrigue and battles, etc.

It's much more character focused and driven than FY-- they mostly pay attention to the politics, relationships, and characters. It's certainly not the anime for everyone, but it's good none-the-less.

I'm definitely looking forward to the continued release of the novels. :D Only the first one is released from Tokyopop at the moment, but the second book is coming out in March, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.
zanzou
The lack of love for this anime makes me very sad. :(

But! There's a new novel in the series being released after YEARS, and so the likelihood that the series will be finished has just shot waaaay up. Damned years-long interest in another series, author!

:) They may end up getting another season of anime, too. *so pleased*
Masacchi
My friend recommended this anime to me a while ago, and I just saw an ad for it in another manga. xD Hmm.. I should probably check it out again during spring break.

Question though, did the manga come out first or the anime? And.. the novels came out before either one of them?
zanzou
Masacchi wrote:
My friend recommended this anime to me a while ago, and I just saw an ad for it in another manga. xD Hmm.. I should probably check it out again during spring break.

Question though, did the manga come out first or the anime? And.. the novels came out before either one of them?

To my knowledge, there is no manga-- it went straight from book to anime. :o

:D But I do think you should watch it, yes.