FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any other who likes Opeth here?

Jakob [JaWGames]
The first time I listened to Opeth My opinion about them was that they where a quite regular band. Not bad but a bit boring to listen to.
But I returned to them some months later and after listening to them a few times I realised that I really loved their complex music.
Any more who listens to them? and if you do, I would be a happy human if you told me which your favourite songs with them are Smile
KatanaSky
Did a quick search on Youtube - I've never heard of them personally but I'm always up for new stuff.

They're alright - I liked this clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHBzSqeM6KQ (I guess it's one of their more mellow songs)

The Grand Conjuration was a bit much for me ...but then again Heavy Metal isn't usually my cup of tea. LOVE the guitar though Very Happy
pet-virus
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:
The first time I listened to Opeth My opinion about them was that they where a quite regular band. Not bad but a bit boring to listen to.
But I returned to them some months later and after listening to them a few times I realised that I really loved their complex music.
Any more who listens to them? and if you do, I would be a happy human if you told me which your favourite songs with them are Smile

I'm a fan. Like you, I didn't get into them after not listening to them much, but now I love them. Even though I'm more into simple heavy music, I was blown away by their musicianship and after a bit of an Opeth YouTube-ing spree I was really into them and got some of their songs.

My favourite songs would have to be 'White Cluster', 'Under The Weeping Moon', 'Forest Of October' and 'Silhouette'. I really like the singers versatile use of his voice... from calming melodies, to ridiculously good death-metal style grunts. It's great.

Well, there's my input. Very Happy

pet-virus
Jakob [JaWGames]
KatanaSky wrote:
Did a quick search on Youtube - I've never heard of them personally but I'm always up for new stuff.

They're alright - I liked this clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHBzSqeM6KQ (I guess it's one of their more mellow songs)

The Grand Conjuration was a bit much for me ...but then again Heavy Metal isn't usually my cup of tea. LOVE the guitar though Very Happy

"In My Time of Need" and "Silhouette" are two of my favourites Smile working at learning Silhouette at piano right now..
Shewolf
I started really listening to their music a year ago or so, and have not had any regrets. I find their music comforting in a strange way, maybe because they make their own rules as they go along.
Very nice and amazig music indeed Very Happy
Nutteloos
Opeth was recommended to me a couple times already, but the grunting really is a let-down. Can anyone recommend one of their albums that has some more 'regular' vocals?
Jakob [JaWGames]
Nutteloos wrote:
Opeth was recommended to me a couple times already, but the grunting really is a let-down. Can anyone recommend one of their albums that has some more 'regular' vocals?

Most of their albums are time to time a bit grunty. Some songs more, some songs less.
But there are one exeption: The album "Damnation" is only clean vocals. Damnation does not sound very much like the other albums, but it's in my opinion one of the best.

I would recommend you to listen to the songs: Windowpane, In My Time of Need and Death Wispered a Lullaby
Nutteloos
Will give that a try, thanks!
Helios
Oh yeah, I know Opeth, but they are too progressive and boring in my opinion.
Though they have few nice songs, like The Drapery Falls and Blackwater Park.