FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[spoil] [/spoil] tags

Gushe
Hello! Smile

I have a suggestion for the BBcode box Smile
You should add the [spoil] [/spoil] tags, which if you use em; "Hide" the text you typed under a button, which if you click it, shows the content Smile

Example:

When Hidden:

When Showed:

This can be helpfull for the following:
- Literature, Movies, Series; Spoil the Endings etc..
- Programming: Hide the huge trunks of code
- Hiding other long copyed texts..

I hope this is good suggestion Very Happy

Greetz,
~Gushe
rvec
i split this from the logo suggestion topic

Don't you think the normal black-on-black kind will work? Users have to select the text to read it. And there already is a mod for that on the phpBB site.
LostOverThere
I second this. Its not needed but would be a nice addon to the forums. Smile
AftershockVibe
I agree as well... given the literature, games and tv/movies fora. However, they're only useful if people actually use them!

In my opinion, the nicest looking version of spoiler tags is the version that rvec mentioned. However, this may be problematic because friHost uses alternative versions of blue for each post so it can't be jsut as simple as changing the text colour to a fixed blue.
Gushe
Well..
I just thought this would be handy Smile Because when I'm looking in the scripting fora, I'm really annoyed by the huge trunks of code that are there Razz

On other fora where I'm member off there is a MOD like this, and It's really helpfull Smile
(Also check the forum of www.hackthissite.org , they use it there in the help topics Smile)

~Gushe