FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to make a layout like this?

Srs2388
Hey guys... I had made an HTML layout on my myspace profile... it was okay.
but too mundanen
my profile is here www.myspace.com/srs2388
(((I am not trying to advertise))))
I have a premade layout Sad
look at it and tell me what program(s) i could use to make a layout like that.
it's not just plain html it has css in it... and flash.
I don't want a premade i want to make my own..ya know more pride in it beining my work

EDIT: im sorry if this post isn't worded good i've been sore with my broken back and i took 3 hydrocodones and a soma and i can't hardly type this post.
kerryworkman
Srs2388 wrote:
.....look at it and tell me what program(s) i could use to make a layout like that.
it's not just plain html it has css in it... and flash.
I don't want a premade i want to make my own..ya know more pride in it beining my work...

I am no web expert, so I could be completely wrong about this ... but I think it can be done by only using flash if you wanted. It looks to me like they created paths for the graphics (probably set as buttons) to travel on and sent them running in a loop. You can easily set the graphics to stop when clicked and run when clicked again in the actions menu.
I really don't know if that helps, but if I was going to recreate that effect on a web page that is probably where I would start. Good luck, I hope you find your answer.
Srs2388
what kind of program would it take to create these loops?
is dreamweaver the program people use to make this kind of stuff?
Handyman
I would recommend flash and dream weaver. You can create the animation in flash and then position it in dream weaver.
kerryworkman
Srs2388 wrote:
what kind of program would it take to create these loops?
is dreamweaver the program people use to make this kind of stuff?

That would be done right in flash .... basically flash is a simple (not really) animation program, it is what I would use to make everything on that page move continually. In the program should be an option to loop (continually repeat) the motion in question. It should be fairly simple, and you should be able to find the info you need on-line with a little research, or if I get a free minute I will give it a try and let you know what I find out. As for Dreamweaver it is basically a page layout program for websites, you could use it to place your animation at a spicific point on the page, but I don't know if you could use it to loop this video, especially since it's interactive.
ftv_flung
The website it was made on is http://lovemyflash.com/

Use that site to make your own, I guess...?!!!
Srs2388
Thanks kerryworkman, and HandyMan..
i'll try all that out sometime... I dont like premade layouts because someone can have one exactly like it i like having something different.