FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL and DA problems on server 2

InsanePL
Hi I just noticed i Can`t acess my site 3run.eu at server 2.
I got an error

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 48
phpBB by Przemo : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database.
Too many connections

Is there any connections cap or what ;/ ?

I also tried to login into direct panel and i see this ;/

Invalid login. Please verify your Username and Password

;/ wtf ? i`m using right password ;/
applejunk
yeah, i have the exact same problem. when i try to log into directadmin it tells me "invalid login. please verify your username and password." which is strange because i was just working in like forty minutes ago. is this a server side problem?
XeononyX
Okay Im getting the same type of error and when I loo, I checked the server status at : http://frihost-server-status.us.to/ it appears daniel15's page is recieveing too many connections too.
rebeltrooper
me too is the server problem, maybe bonding can tell us wath the oproblem, plis fix it bondings!!!!!!

also upload in ftp dosent work!!!!!

help!!!!!!!
rebeltrooper
if daniel 15 recieve too many connections, we are unde attack!!!! please somebody contact bondings!!
andy26
im also having this problem, my forum wont work it says server busy or too many connections, smf database not found, i cant login to my contol panel, i can however connect using the microsoft network ftp folder and transfer files that way, but its no good if my forum is down.
roboguyspacedude
This must be a universal problem on server 2 because i am having the exact same error. I also cannot access my direct admin account nor my phpmyadmin.
andy26
these things always happen when there are no moderators or admins on. Sad
Q5U8
I join to this discussion, I have the same problem in my domains hosted in Frih.

I can't connect to MySQL database, nor login into cpanel or found my user.

Any explanation? This is the second time in a month that we have problem with the server.
roboguyspacedude
I agree, this is getting quite annoying. And I was about to try out a new layout too. Sad
Rosanova
Same problem here!
Vanilla
Same here too. It really scared me when I saw that my login on Direct Admin wasn't working. Thoughts?
roboguyspacedude
Yea Vanillia, that sig of yours is not really accurate....says server 2 is working fine...
Q5U8
It's something weird, because I can't find my user when I try to recover my password, only a briefly "no such user" shows...
Peterssidan
Too many connections bla bla bla... The same for me. I think for all on server 2.
zellfaze
I can say i have the same problem. Where is bondings at anyways? I also cant do anything with ftp. Says that there is not enough space on the device whenever I try to transfer stuff. Anyone else having this problem? I know I havnt reached my quota.
roboguyspacedude
I have the same problem. I try to edit stuff but it can't upload it. However, I can delete stuff so its not totally blown.
zellfaze
roboguyspacedude wrote:
I have the same problem. I try to edit stuff but it can't upload it. However, I can delete stuff so its not totally blown.

The problem with not being able to upload things is i cant upload a HTML page to tell my users whats going on, so I keep getting asked whats going on.
roboguyspacedude
I pmed bondings. Maybe he'll get back to us.
zellfaze
roboguyspacedude wrote:
I pmed bondings. Maybe he'll get back to us.

Thanks, know anyone else we can pm? I think there is other admins.
irishmark
getting the saem problem - looks like MySql has gotten screwed up in some way!
XeononyX
Quote:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

my error changed. Perhaps preliminary signs of repair?
furtasacra
My blog is down. WordPress can't access the database. I logged into DirectAdmin, and I, too and getting this:

Quote:
Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I'm partly just glad it's not something I did, but still.... POOP!

Sad
rebeltrooper
the problem is going, please admins !!!
mjohnson
I am not alone!can not connect to mysql too!
SoutlinK
OMG!!, I cant connecto to my MYSQL DataBase

no!! and I dont have backup...

Plz admins fix it, without loose my database please :'(.

By the way, When started this problem?

Becasue I Tryed about 5 hours ago and it works perfect..

Anyway, im sure that the admin will fix it the soon as possible.

Good Luck admins Very Happy
Scorpio
Same problem here... Server 2 is back to its old ways, this time with the database.
A few days ago it was the load average going well above 25.. and now this..
mattchun
I met these lines when I tried to open my personal blog based on Wordpress. I guess it's just the same problem like your guy's, because I'm also on the server 2 to host.

Here's the error messege,

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the
fadirocks
last backup I did was umm 2007-10-22 fadirock_fadi.sql.gz hmm I think i did something later on too
hmm I guess not that was on my other site oops Sad hopefully i get the chance to do a backup soon
before SQL server HD goes dead
saratdear
Same problem. This is what I get when I try to visit two of my hosted blogs on Server 2, Wordpress :

Quote:

WordPress

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.
takashiro
The same problem here. But there's no announcement about the problem. I think the admins must be busy fixing the server. Very Happy All will go well!
driftingfe3s
Man, I hope there was no data loss. I haven't backed up in a long long time Sad. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Psycho_X52
Same here! Both forum and cms are having problems... But DA works fine Smile
blueray
Do any one knew that when will be get fixed ?

Actually it does't matter but just knew that go to update my data. Very Happy

Thanks for help and reply !!
Blueray
rvec
should be up again now, Bondings restarted the server.
alem
hey my database works right now.!!!Smile
and i am happy for no data loss...
furtasacra
Ok, my site is back up, and there doesn't APPEAR to be any data loss, because the articles are still there, but something is STILL not right. When I write or edit a post, I get this:

Quote:
WordPress database error: [Table 'furtasac_deadgirls.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID

WordPress database error: [Table 'furtasac_deadgirls.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/furtasac/domains/deadgirlsdontdance.com/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/furtasac/domains/deadgirlsdontdance.com/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 391

What is this business about a database table not existing? SOMETHING got lost, apparently. The new post and the edits (I was adding tags) are showing up on the site, but this error message is disturbing and irritating.
Psycho_X52
It works fine now! Thanks! Very Happy
Bondings
My apologies for the mysql problems. The mysql database seemed to have freaked out for some reason. And apparently I didn't fix it properly the first time. It should be working fine now.

furtasacra, the error you have seems weird. That table might have been lost due to the mysql problems, but it doesn't appear to exist in the backup either - which it normally should if it existed at least a few days (to week) ago.

The table in question seems to be a table mapping the posts to a category. I'm not familiar with wordpress since I never used it, though, so I can't really be sure about this. If you only have a small number of posts, you could manually create the table and put the correct post_id and cat_ID inside it. If you have a backup of the database, you could restore that table (wp_post2cat) and then manually add a record (post_id, cat_ID) for each post that was made after the backup.
bulek
I still have some problems with my e107 CMS on my site. When I try to access few plugins, I get error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/bulek/domains/elektro-scv.com/public_html/plugins/e107helpers/e107HelperCustomField_class.php on line 243
or
Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/bulek/domains/elektro-scv.com/public_html/plugins/e107helpers/e107HelperCustomField_class.php on line 243
etc.

It seems to that something is wrong with $this command. I haven't had such problems until server's mysql downtime. Do you have any ideas how to fix it?
Q5U8
At this time I'm verifying the databases. The access is just a little bit slow, but the data seems to be OK.
zellfaze
I didnt lose anything. So alls good I would say. Thanks Bondings.
Manofgames
bulek wrote:
I still have some problems with my e107 CMS on my site. When I try to access few plugins, I get error:

or
etc.

It seems to that something is wrong with $this command. I haven't had such problems until server's mysql downtime. Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

That shouldn't be a mysql problem.
From the error, it looks like it's to do with how the plugin has been coded.
fadirocks
server is back Very Happy make sure to do backup folks Smile
bulek
I have fixed the problem. I installed release candidate version of plugin and now it works well. However, according to fixes in plugin, the problem was new version of PHP on server.

Thanks anyway.
blueray
Thanks, the database was back and so far I have been checked no data loss found.

Thanks
furtasacra
Bondings wrote:
My apologies for the mysql problems. The mysql database seemed to have freaked out for some reason. And apparently I didn't fix it properly the first time. It should be working fine now.

furtasacra, the error you have seems weird. That table might have been lost due to the mysql problems, but it doesn't appear to exist in the backup either - which it normally should if it existed at least a few days (to week) ago.

The table in question seems to be a table mapping the posts to a category. I'm not familiar with wordpress since I never used it, though, so I can't really be sure about this. If you only have a small number of posts, you could manually create the table and put the correct post_id and cat_ID inside it. If you have a backup of the database, you could restore that table (wp_post2cat) and then manually add a record (post_id, cat_ID) for each post that was made after the backup.

Funny thing. I have two blogs-- the older one didn't have a problem at all, the newer one (with a newer version of Wordpress) screwed up. I monkeyed around with it a bit, but couldn't fix it. The blog WORKED, it just was being really annoying about it. I copied my posts, reinstalled the whole shebang, and reposted everything. Only took half an hour, because I only had 12 posts, but I will be backing up more frequently, that's for darn sure.

Anyway, problem solved.
dayveday
Is anyone experiencing the problem again? I cannot log into DA again! And I'm still having issues with uploading/creating files (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-84780.html)
Chris24
I'm glad to see its not just me, has there been any word as to what is going on? I try to view my sites and it tells me "This site is temporarily unavailable, please contact the system administrator" and when I go to login on my direct admin it does not accept my name and password, I can however connect via ftp....Has there been a fix and I missed it? or is everyone else still pretty much screwed for the time being....I have a recent backup but if I can't login to direct admin it does me no good....

Here is the links check em for yourself

http://jessica.ocs.frih.net

http://ocs.frih.net
dayveday
I can login via FTP too - but uploading files fails completely.
jylan
Yeah, I can't login via DA now and earlier in the day I was having a lot of trouble uploading files, kept getting "no space left" errors or something to that effect.
InsanePL
And we got this problem again...
Admins do something Razz
Q5U8
Yep, the same problem. Shocked

Bondings, please help! Sad Sad Sad

Exclamation
welshsteve
I've reported this in another thread, but I too have the same problem. I cannot upload via ftp (overwrites file with a 0k file), I cannot login to DirectAdmin or phpMyAdmin, nor do any of the database and mail functions work on my site.
taytay
Bondings wrote:
The mysql database seemed to have freaked out for some reason. And apparently I didn't fix it properly the first time.

It seems Bondings didn't do anything to cause this either.

Hack? Maybe it's an urgent time to sift through the server logs for when the problem started, and upgrade to the latest software.... But thats just me.

I dislike error's.... with a passion. Wink
pawelabrams
Problem on whole server 2 xP

Crackers? BotNet? Spammers?
SoutlinK
welshsteve wrote:
I've reported this in another thread, but I too have the same problem. I cannot upload via ftp (overwrites file with a 0k file), I cannot login to DirectAdmin or phpMyAdmin, nor do any of the database and mail functions work on my site.

Exactly for me
rebeltrooper
the problem still today, i hope bondings fix it up soon, thanks and cheers bondings!!!
driftingfe3s
I can't beleive the same problem happend agian. I wonder what caused it this time. Hopefully it's resolved soon. Thanks in advance for the fix!
pawelabrams
Now problems with PHP... It doesn't have permissions to read files or has problems with finding a catalog xP
rvec
Seems like the same problem that happened a couple of days ago. It will probably be solved for another couple of days with a restart. Bondings knows about the problem, and if he isn't already working on it he will when he has time.
Q5U8
I'm checking now, but is failing intermitently... Crying or Very sad
Q5U8
Ps. Working fine now, Thanks!!! Very Happy
blueray
Yes, It's work now.
Thanks a lot !!!!
SoutlinK
it is already fixed

Thanks you again Frihost Very Happy

I <3 you
tamilparks
hellow for me the problem is not solved, i dont know whats going on because i have not backed up any data... for my first page of the forum is ok http://www.funworld.frih.net/tamil/index.php but when i go inside any topic its not viewing pls tell me is it server side problem or php problem
welshsteve
It's fixed, hurrah!! Very Happy
bulek
Same here, everything is back to normal again. Thanks for fast response.
rvec
tamilparks wrote:
hellow for me the problem is not solved, i dont know whats going on because i have not backed up any data... for my first page of the forum is ok http://www.funworld.frih.net/tamil/index.php but when i go inside any topic its not viewing pls tell me is it server side problem or php problem

I have no idea what might be causing this. Maybe something with the .htaccess?
pudovkin
... is this related to this?
rebeltrooper
thanks all of you guys on frih team, cheers!!!!
gibbo
nice to see its all working fine now Smile
furtasacra
In any case, this is the best free hosting service I could find. More than three cheers for Bondings and the other admins and the mods. I hate to complain here, because the service is FREE, but when something really does go wrong, they fix it as fast as they can, if they can, and I find that admirable. Hip hip hooray!
zellfaze
furtasacra wrote:
In any case, this is the best free hosting service I could find. More than three cheers for Bondings and the other admins and the mods. I hate to complain here, because the service is FREE, but when something really does go wrong, they fix it as fast as they can, if they can, and I find that admirable. Hip hip hooray!

I wonder how many people they have on the staff that can help fix these problems. Can't be too many, which makes it all the more admirable eh?
rvec
zellfaze wrote:
furtasacra wrote:

I wonder how many people they have on the staff that can help fix these problems. Can't be too many, which makes it all the more admirable eh?

Problems like these can only be fixed by 2 people I guess. Maybe I am wrong and the admins have more rights than I thought, that would make it about 5 i think (don't know how many admins there are).
tamilparks
.htaccess i have not edited any thing is there any way please help