FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My phpBB 2.0.22 mods are giving problems

HalfBloodPrince
I have EasyMOD. I installed a few mods; CashMOD, temporary ban mod, announcement box mod, and shoutbox mod.

Cashmod and temporary ban mod worked out perfectly, but Announcement box will only show on subSilver and not the theme I use, Avalanche. Also, when I installed the shoutbox, I can't find it anywhere in my admin panel.

So can you help me?

Thanks. Cool
HalfBloodPrince
No mods are installing now, not even the ones compatible with 2.0.22.

How can I update my database? It never let me. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
pet-virus
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
I have EasyMOD. I installed a few mods; CashMOD, temporary ban mod, announcement box mod, and shoutbox mod.

Cashmod and temporary ban mod worked out perfectly, but Announcement box will only show on subSilver and not the theme I use, Avalanche. Also, when I installed the shoutbox, I can't find it anywhere in my admin panel.

So can you help me?

Thanks. Cool

Did you install the mod into the Avalanche theme subfolder? That normally causes a lot of problems style-wise. Also I'm not too sure how to update your database but keep in mind how buggy EasyMOD seems to be. There's always a lot of problems that come with it if you aren't a proficient techie.

Have a go posting on the phpBB Support forums, I think it's your best bet.

pet-virus
Alie
Quote:
How can I update my database? It never let me

What do you mean? You want to add some new rows and tables, update phpBB2 version or just moving your database to another place?

...If you want to update curient version of your forum:
I understand that you're using MODs in your forum. That may cause some problems with automatic database update. Check database updating file and add (or modify) new tables in PHPMyAdmin and then upload PHP files.

...If you want to add/modify tables:
The easy way is to make changes directly in PHPMyAdmin, but if you want to create any installation module - you can also write a script with database connection like install.php file.

..If you're moving your database:
The best dumper/uploader for me is SYPEX Dumper. You can even add it to your admin panel as independent module for easy use. Use it for my phpNuke portal.

Hope those little advices would help you Wink