FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thoughts and ideas

charisco
I am looking for some thoughts on the design of the website we have currently. We are a band management company and want something that is easy to navigate and quick loading. Please check out our site and let me know what pointers you may have.

http://www.chariscore.com
kerryworkman
charisco wrote:
I am looking for some thoughts on the design of the website we have currently. We are a band management company and want something that is easy to navigate and quick loading. Please check out our site and let me know what pointers you may have.

http://www.chariscore.com

I think it acomplishes your goals, it is easy to navigate and loads very fast on my computer. I only ran into one thing that may need to be fixed. On the concert page there was an error at the bottom of the page that I copied and pasted below:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/charisco/public_html/chariscore/components/com_eventcal/eventcal.html.php on line 841

Aside from that I think you have got it nailed.
GB
It does load quickly. I like that. I also like how it all fits on one screen and I don't have to scroll. One navigation design item I might add is on the FAQ page. Currently, when you click on an FAQ item, it does not have a link back to the list of FAQ items. I would add that.

I keep thinking the header isn't quite done. I would make that black rectangle part fill the entire rounded rectangle. That would look more finished I think.

The Joomla credit on the bottom of the page is both distracting and quite hard to read. To remedy this, I would put it in a lighter color and center it under the block rather than having it aligned to the left.

Nice site, though, keep up the good work.