FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When 2 start listening Christmas music?

dinael
OK. I'm listening "Last Christmas" right now, cause it's on my playlist... but what do you think,
when is the right time to start listening Christmas music. Is now to soon?
charisco
Well, for me anytime after Thanksgiving day is a good time to start listening to Christmas music. But, my wife will blair Christmas music all year 'round. I mean, there is nothing worse than riding in the van and she is listening to Joy To The World in the middle of the summer. We get some weird looks from other motorists.
Chalchihuitlicue
They started playing Christmas music at my job a week ago.

Since I only own one Christmas cd, I probably won't listen to it until right before Christmas. Even then, it's called Super Euro Christmas, and is filled with hilariously terrible eurobeat disco remixes of Christmas songs.

The only Christmas song I really like is the Holly and the Ivy, and only because it's fun to sing.
Skkye_Blossom
My mom likes to start after Halloween, but I keep her sane until after thanksgiving, and then we listen to nothing else Very Happy
AftershockVibe
If you've ever worked in a shop Christmas music loses it's charm VERY quickly.
Most retail chains have decided that Christmas starts midway through November now which results in the same tracks being played OVER and OVER again on repeat for the entire working day.

I'm pretty sure that my rights were being violated somehow... surely it's not right to inflict the same tactics used in psychological warfare on your employees?

Wink
Jakob [JaWGames]
It feels that they begin with it far to early, especially in the orchestras I am playing. We started playing chrismassongs over a month ago. The same songs that we have played year after year after year.. I am staring to grow a bit tired about them.

If they waited with it to december I would have been happy, even though it can be a bit annoying in the lenght thare are quite a few great chrismassongs out there.
UtanCecilie
I started listening about a week ago. I don't know why but the swedish church or whatever had some kind of christmas market and so I decided to go there. Got into the mood sort to say and I am now listening every so often Smile
GB
We always start on October 9, my wife's birthday. Although we don't usually listen to very much until Thanksgiving.
The Mitchell
never. PLEASE NEVER!
catscratches
My little sister has already started and it's SO annoying. Christmas music sucks. Propably most cause it's Christian. But anyways, music is music and does it matter when you listen to it? If it's good then listen to it. If you don't like it then don't listen to it just because it's a certain time at the year.