FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cash back buddy

yagami
Have any of you guys heard about cash back buddy, Man I think this little thing is the spyware that just somehow always finds a home on My PC without me ever knowing about it untill it's too late, This is the most annoying thing ever,I would beat the snot out of whoever made this thing, I get all kinds of junk on my PC, And evenutally have to reformat, somehow Spybot and norton dont pick it up. Its a sneaky little devil that cash back buddy is, and he gets his buddies on your PC and its over, I will find a way to stop this demon, lol, Well im done venting my rage about this, I actually feel better now
Sunny
"Prevention is better then the cure"

Quote:
Man I think this little thing is the spyware that just somehow always finds a home on My PC without me ever knowing about it untill it's too late,

Check your activex control and java settings in internet options. upgrade to sp2 if you r running xp.I ran a cafe here and customers open all type of sites so my pcs are vunerable to spywares but I hardly get them. Upgrading to sp2, blocking spyware sites using host file & url blocking feature of avast antivirus has helped me a lot. for eg. I've blocked *.scr and *.cab extensions ..commonly used by spywares and viruses.I've even blocked *.exe hehe if someone needs to dl a legid exe file I just pause the web scanner for a bit.Smile

Anyway I never believe in spyware removers, whats the point in letting your pc being affected and then go remove it. if you gotta do something it has to be to stop spyware being installed in ur PC.You might wanna change your browser to mozilla , its is much safer and better and because of the fact most use IE so the spyware owners tend to target IE then other browsers. I dont like mozilla myself though..lol