FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A cool new way to use your Nintendo DS

marrs
Enjoy quick, easy and portable access to the web via your Nintendo DS!

Quote:
Features

DS Web Browser offers added functionality to your Nintendo DS
Blog, check sports scores, and get the latest news in the palm of your hand
Dual screen offers a much larger portable browsing experience than a cell phone or a personal digital assistant
Customize your experience, disabling images to speed load times and altering the presentation to preserve the original page's layout or to maximize the screen space and readability on your DS
Navigation's a breeze with the touch screen!

You can access the web via your home wireless internet connection or any hot-spot access point. Look for more information on the DS Browser soon!

But for now just use DSOrganize ,its a organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place.

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize
jabapyth
new way? people have been doing this for a while....
[FuN]goku
jabapyth wrote:
new way? people have been doing this for a while....

yeah hes got a point Smile , also ever hear of something called DS Linux? its cool Very Happy
Zombie
Lol! Dslinux has a text based browser called links! It also has a graphical version littered with bugs, it's not even worth tryin'. I have tried both Links and Dsbrowser, and I have to say the DS browser owns, it loads a little slow, but kicks moblie phones' little toe.
Technaut
Or, you could just get a laptop. Or a PSP. Or both, like me. My Vaio and new PSP go everywhere with me.

Me = Original Sony fanboy.
Migz
oh come on, dont be silly. browser on a ds? Wow ill obviously use that, instead of using my computer which has internet explorer 7 and loads faster and can display more.....
And it says its better then any phone or personal assisatant? I think not because a phone can connect to the internet via WAP whereas a ds cant. So with a phone you can connect anywhere. But with a ds only at hot spots or home.
Guelila
Migz wrote:
oh come on, dont be silly. browser on a ds? Wow ill obviously use that, instead of using my computer which has internet explorer 7 and loads faster and can display more.....
And it says its better then any phone or personal assisatant? I think not because a phone can connect to the internet via WAP whereas a ds cant. So with a phone you can connect anywhere. But with a ds only at hot spots or home.

I think he meant that in terms of wifi.
You couldnt possibly be serious about WAP....
that thing is so slow it's not even funny.

And its not like someone is going to use a ds to browse internet when he has his computer right next to him obviously, but what if you are not at home or you dont have your laptop with you? What now?
You use ur DS.
Thats what marrs is talking about.

He is not saying that DS is replacing computers in terms of browsing.
Its nice to browse internet from a portable gaming device, thats the point.
divinitywolf
Yeah its cool but where can i get a flash card, UK website, relatively cheaply?
[FuN]goku
Technaut wrote:
Or, you could just get a laptop.

Very Happy damn right! i got one for school. Im not much of a fan of Vaio's tho Razz but they do look nice.
skygaia
I was told that nintendo ds could be used for internet phone.... but I'm not sure.. Sad
Guelila
internet yes... but phone? i dont know about this one..
J-Evil
Last I heard the sony PSP could do this too aye?
marrs
skygaia wrote:
I was told that nintendo ds could be used for internet phone.... but I'm not sure.. Sad

Since the Nintendo DS has a built-in microphone and a wireless Internet connection, what's to stop it from being used as a WiFi phone, or the DSphone, if you will?

http://voiptelephonyservice.blogspot.com/2007/01/nintendo-ds-hacks-for-free-wifi-voip.html
Aless
Wish it had a proper browser!! You have to pay for so many services nowadays...
rightclickscott
Who cares? I'm only using it for Mario Kart anyways. Do people need to be on the internet so often that they need to carry their laptops, DSes, PSPs, iPhones, and other assorted portables just to be online? I just think that if you're gonna go out to a coffee shop, go there for friends and not WiFi. I can understand the benefits, but I'm pretty much happy with my computer and internet at home, in front the stove, cooking my dinner.
isledepoba
wow, how can you do this? I really can't find out lol
fracko
Cool, i'll try it when i get home... =D
hofodomo01
ahhh, for a minute there, i confused nintendo with microsoft....

seems like a cool feature. but i really dont like how this "omnifunctionality" thing is going though...
louddwarf
I'm getting the DSbrowse for christmas hopefully it should be ace!!!

I've seen reviews of it and it seemed to have turned out better than I expected it to. I have to say that the way they have done it (using the top screen to display a close up of the webpage and using the bottom screen to navigate around the webpage using the touch screen) has made the DSbrowse really useful and much better than using a mobile phone browse where you're not even sure you're looking at the internet at all.
Thumpercats
I know a guy who actually uses linux and has made programs for his PSP. It's kinda neat, though the biggest project he took on was to change the psp icons in the main menu. But still, I found it to be interesting that you could do so much to a simple handheld gaming console.
Kitten Kong
If you have any kind of electronic device that features a display and a cpu you should seriously look into what kind of software you can get for it. I got a new mobile (cellular) phone recently, a Nokia E65 and although it didn;t have HEAPS of capabilites when I got it I can now use it for practically anything. It will run software made for its native Symbian OS as well as JAVA and flash software. That makes it able to do anything that my PC can do so long as massive cpu time isn't needed, aside from huge 3d games there is unlimited software possibilities.
marrs
Has anyone tried out the opera browser for the Nintendo ds yet Ive heard you need the ram expansion pack to use it.
ozziejim
i havent tried that but i have it on my mobile phone, its extra fees to use a diffrent browser damn vodafone! But ive even managed to get some ports of nds games on my mobile, they look rather crap but i can see a phone/ds/psp integration in the future, there was ncage... but no thanks, id rather a nds mobile so bring it on!!
Adeya
I don't think i'll ever enjoy the Ds browser. The last handheld I owned was a Gameboy Color. I I do get a handheld, it's gonna be a PsP and a big iffy is a DS. I like the interactivity of the DS, you can blow snow, make your own Pac-man(however retarded looking you happen to make him, he still eats the bad guys) and some other stuff i'm sure I don't know. I'd like to see if the same interactivity will be applied into the browser...I don't know how the blowing will play into it though.
greenwoodmonkey
My step son has a Nintendo DS, which was supplied with a Blank Cartridge that house a 1Gb Micro SD Card.

On the card there are a plethora of games, some free, some I will guess are cracked.

Having downloaded some more for him I tried to simply copy and paste from my desktop to the SD Card the new games, but none would run...

The only thing I can think of is that there was no SAV file attached.. but this maybe not the case at all, and I am just a 'tard...

Anyone got any suggestions....
marrs
greenwoodmonkey wrote:
My step son has a Nintendo DS, which was supplied with a Blank Cartridge that house a 1Gb Micro SD Card.

On the card there are a plethora of games, some free, some I will guess are cracked.

Having downloaded some more for him I tried to simply copy and paste from my desktop to the SD Card the new games, but none would run...

The only thing I can think of is that there was no SAV file attached.. but this maybe not the case at all, and I am just a 'tard...

Anyone got any suggestions....

Hello greenwoodmonkey

As you said your Nintendo DS,was supplied with a Blank Cartridge and a 1Gb Micro SD Card,so I would think you have an R4 revolution card or similar.

You said your having problems transferring NDS games from your computer to the sd card,right,just a simple question did you unpack the games first because most of them come zipped.
And the SAV. files are just saved profiles for the games.
Another thing you will need software on your SD card to play games but I suppose you have that already.
Hope that helps you out good luck
NDS wil rule the world!!!
misterXY
divinitywolf wrote:
Yeah its cool but where can i get a flash card, UK website, relatively cheaply?

is it cheap anywhere in the Western Hemisphere? Shocked
cloudship
I've seen people playing Nintendo DS for some times, though I don't have one. I would probably prefer Sony PSP better than Nintendo DS, since PSO uses a larger Screen. For a web browser, hehe, I do not want to have part of an article shown in one screen, and the left one shown in the other screen. It will be ridiculous for me. Plus, PSP has a better resolution, as far as I remember.
Makslahti
I've got an nintendo DS and its very fun to play it. Smile
marrs
cloudship wrote:
I've seen people playing Nintendo DS for some times, though I don't have one. I would probably prefer Sony PSP better than Nintendo DS, since PSO uses a larger Screen. For a web browser, hehe, I do not want to have part of an article shown in one screen, and the left one shown in the other screen. It will be ridiculous for me. Plus, PSP has a better resolution, as far as I remember.

#

Yeah well I tend to disagree with you a bit on that one,the psp is a much more powerfull machine with a larger screen also but there are a few things you need to concider when putting the nintendo ds up to the psp.

1.The battery life on a psp is merely three hours
2.The large screen maybe good to play indoors but try playing out in the daylight its impossible you get terrible reflections.
3.Difficult to chip you need to upgrade firmware,can be dangours to the concole.
4.No screen protector.
missdixy
rightclickscott wrote:
Who cares? I'm only using it for Mario Kart anyways. Do people need to be on the internet so often that they need to carry their laptops, DSes, PSPs, iPhones, and other assorted portables just to be online? I just think that if you're gonna go out to a coffee shop, go there for friends and not WiFi. I can understand the benefits, but I'm pretty much happy with my computer and internet at home, in front the stove, cooking my dinner.

i pretty much agree with this. My roommate has the browser and she's always taking her DS with her eveywhere. She also has a Blackberry and on and on and on. It's just sad.
d5c4b3
i wish i had a ds but nver got one so i don't really care if you can access the internet through one