FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Supernatural

Shnelby
So what do you guys think about Supernatural? It is by far, my favorite show, there are super hot guys in it which is a bonus. The show is sooo funny.

Have you guys seen it? What was your favorite episode. Mine was Season 3, Episode 3: Bad Day at Black Rock, the one with the rabbit's foot. By far the best one ever!!

I'm Superman! haha
TurtleShell
I enjoy Supernatural. I don't know if I could pick out a favorite episode. It's a goofy show, so I don't follow it that carefully. I think I have to say that the best part about Supernatural is that we record it on Thursdays and watch it on Fridays.

Supernatural is Friday nights for me. (yes, I have no life)
blk3
Me and my friends watch it too up to the second season. Its really kind of disappointing how they dealt with the you know who at the season finale of season 2. I was really expecting more of a fight from him.
TurtleShell
yeah, whatshisface has only 1 yr to live now...I like that plot point.
Felixurban
I love "Supernatural" and in fact I signed up here to make a site for a pencil and paper role-playing game based on the show that I wrote. Smile If you haven't seen it it's a good time to catch up, seasons one and two are on DVD and due to the holidays (with a bit of help from the writer's strike Sad) season three is in re-runs and they just did a really great Christmas episode. Fine veiwing.
Jinx
Bad Day at Black Rock was a hilarious episode, I loved it. It's bypassed Hell House as my favorite ep. The Christmas episode was great, and I loved the flashbacks.
If you like Supernatural, you ought to check out my website - it's a cross fandom site for folks who like shows like Supernatural, Charmed, Buffy, or read the Anita Blake books, or Dresden Files, stuff like that
www.sanctuary.frih.net
Shnelby
hah. So agree, love Bad day at black rock.
zanzou
I've been watching since episode 1, and have loved it the entire time. :)

I'm looking forward to the new episodes, but am worried that we're going to be left on a cliff-hanger when they run out of scripts. :(
Felixurban
my favorite show by far. I just REALLY enjoy it on a level that others shows don't touch. I like "24", "Prision Break" and a host of others but "Supernatural" just hits a special level all it's own. I'm really bummed the strike is cutting season three down to 12 episodes (at this point) and that the CW is removing the re-runs from rotion (for now). Oh well I DO have the season one and two box sets and season three on tape. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon.
cosmicx
I am watching season two right now and hopefully can catch up season 3 soon enough...
I would say that it is a great show and you need not to follow every single episodes for the whole story...
however, Supernatural sounds like Heroes where certain people posses physic ability and they are trying to save the world...
It is a good show for me to watch while waiting for Heroes Season 3 Razz
zanzou
cosmicx wrote:

however, Supernatural sounds like Heroes where certain people posses physic ability and they are trying to save the world...

Well really, it's only the one guy who has powers and is trying to save the world. :) Saying no more to not spoil you for the end of season 3.
Felixurban
cosmicx wrote:
I am watching season two right now and hopefully can catch up season 3 soon enough...
I would say that it is a great show and you need not to follow every single episodes for the whole story...
It is a good show for me to watch while waiting for Heroes Season 3 Razz

Well that was just one plot element (the special kids and the crazy psychic abilities). There are MANY more and if memory serves "Supernatural" was on the aire first (wasn't it?).
Jinx
Yeah, Supernatural was on first. Heroes has more of a comic book vibe to it, but with Supernatural each episode is more like a mini-horror movie.
Felixurban
Hey Jinx! Long time no see. How ya' been?
crimson_aria
I just started watching this. Only saw Episode 1 and I love it already. It scares me though.
zanzou
While I'm bummed that the strike means that we get less episodes, I AM glad that they seem to be doing enough to wrap up the current plotline (ie 3 episodes).

:X I can hardly wait for the next one.
cavey
Only 3 episodes left? :(
The strike really bugs me! Even though it's finished, it's still ruining for the series!
zanzou
cavey wrote:
Only 3 episodes left? :(
The strike really bugs me! Even though it's finished, it's still ruining for the series!

I wouldn't say so. :o We have no idea what those three episodes will be like, so I'm sure that they'll be worth it. ^^

And it's only 3 episodes left for the SEASON, not the series, so I doubt very much it's going to ruin the whole thing.
bearycoffeeaddict
I LOve Supernatural...it's my favorite show,too bad the season airing here in our country is still in season 2..and i have already finish watching it in DVD...am really curious if Dean will die? well I know that some of you has already finish watching season 3..so you should know by now...hope to watch season 3 SOOOON....I miss DEAN and Sammy!!!!!!!!!!.........
TurtleShell
I'm really fascinated this show has such a devoted following. I mean, I enjoy it as a part of my Friday night rituals (when I usually watch it, although I think it actually airs on a different night), but I kind of always suspected I was the only one. It's...kind of silly:) Like, entertaining... but nutty and bizarrely offensive, from time to time. (I'm sure the witch episode pissed some people off...witches get really mad--understandably--when they're portrayed in popular culture as being pure evil:)

I don't know...I don't like to admit to people I watch it:) I consider it to be a guilty pleasure.
Felixurban
bearycoffeeaddict wrote:
I LOve Supernatural...it's my favorite show,too bad the season airing here in our country is still in season 2..and i have already finish watching it in DVD...am really curious if Dean will die? well I know that some of you has already finish watching season 3..so you should know by now...hope to watch season 3 SOOOON....I miss DEAN and Sammy!!!!!!!!!!.........
Actually the season finale airs this week but hasn't aired yet, not until Thursday. Smile
Felixurban
Felixurban wrote:
bearycoffeeaddict wrote:
Actually the season finale airs this week but hasn't aired yet, not until Thursday. Smile
You shouldn't be ashamed at all. Thanks to me EVERYONE I know watches it as much as I do and we talk about it a lot. There's no reason to keep it to yourself. Especially, since every rating point can help and we need every fan we can get to keep the show going strong. Go out there and sell everyone you can on the show. Get them to buy the DVD's, the books, whatever. Funnel money and support into the show all you can. Never miss a chance. Wink
Felixurban
Sorry accidently qouted the wrong one. Wink
zanzou
TurtleShell wrote:
I'm really fascinated this show has such a devoted following. I mean, I enjoy it as a part of my Friday night rituals (when I usually watch it, although I think it actually airs on a different night), but I kind of always suspected I was the only one. It's...kind of silly:) Like, entertaining... but nutty and bizarrely offensive, from time to time. (I'm sure the witch episode pissed some people off...witches get really mad--understandably--when they're portrayed in popular culture as being pure evil:)

I don't know...I don't like to admit to people I watch it:) I consider it to be a guilty pleasure.

Did you mean the suburban witches episode? I wouldn't think that would offend people, since the witches were largely harmless until a demon started influencing them. :o
Keran
Supernatural is also my favourite TV show of all times. The two main characters are really great actors (especially Dean, he's cool ;p ), the story is fun and compelling.

My favourite episode is the one where Sam and Dean were on a hunt for some ghost in a Holywood movie studio, where a movie about ghosts was being produced. Sam and Dean while working on the set and seeing how the movie will look, criticized how normal people don't know anything about ghosts, it was like the writers were boasting that their story in Supernatural and way of presenting supernatural beings is far much better than in other stories in other ghost hunting tv shows.
Also the episode with the so-called ghost hunters from the HellHoundslair.com website is awesome ;]
Idoru
*** Spoilerwarning ***

Watched episode 13, 3d season, yesterday. Like, huh??? Didn't think Supernatural could sink so deep... The writers
must have been in a serious dry, since they couldn't come up with anything better then yet another remake/spinnoff of 'Blairwitch'.
Hope we don't have to see that again...

Fortunatlley it rose at once with episode 14 aswell as 15, with nice content and the good old feeling the Supernatural usually have. Very Happy
zanzou
Idoru wrote:
*** Spoilerwarning ***

Watched episode 13, 3d season, yesterday. Like, huh??? Didn't think Supernatural could sink so deep... The writers
must have been in a serious dry, since they couldn't come up with anything better then yet another remake/spinnoff of 'Blairwitch'.
Hope we don't have to see that again...

I didn't think Ghostfacers was anything like Blairwitch. :o I actually didn't think of the BWP at all while watching it; my mind went instead to "low budget ghostbusters". I think it was the lack of forest, that did it for me. xD

I actually really liked Ghostfacers, though I get why people are so divided over it. :] Ah well.
distantship
I LOVE all episodes! Anyone know when would the new season comes out? I'm so afraid that they will cut the show since I've heard that there are a lot of competitions this year....hope not cos' Dean is really great! I would watch anything that has him in it...
angfrayle
I like the episode where Dean goes back in time and learns about his parents before these got together and about Sam's being a half-blood prince of demons.
juezy
Yes! 10/10 for me , Epic, Funny and a lot of suspense in it. Its funny when the two bro's start having a argument and pranks each other. The new season is coming out late 2009 i think. Probably one thing Kripe could improve on this new season is to add more mythical creatures instead of just angels and demons.
angfrayle
The thing about angels makes it a bit corny. I still watch the series though but only because I'd like to know how this new series ends.
guggs
Wouldn't it be nice if a few of the episodes didn't follow exactly the same plot-line ? Or maybe that would confuse its target audience which is presumably 7-year old children.
angfrayle
guggs wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if a few of the episodes didn't follow exactly the same plot-line ? Or maybe that would confuse its target audience which is presumably 7-year old children.

If the target audience is 7 year old, shouldn't they be showing it earlier?
TurtleShell
I was seriously annoyed with this show for a while--it was taking itself sooo seriously! Angels, apocalypse, blah blah blah. It was pretty dark and weird for a while, but with the last four episodes or so, it seems to be back to its old self. I really think the producers of this show need keep their focus--it's not a serious drama. This show is at its best when it's goofy and kind of scary and the music is good.
cherry-pie
My favorite ever Very Happy can't wait to see the next episode *o*
TurtleShell
I heard a rumor that they don't want to do another season of this show. My Saturday mornings will be SO SAD if this show gets canceled.
welshsteve
This is a great show, one of my favourites. Got the DVD box sets Very Happy
angfrayle
TurtleShell wrote:
I was seriously annoyed with this show for a while--it was taking itself sooo seriously! Angels, apocalypse, blah blah blah. It was pretty dark and weird for a while, but with the last four episodes or so, it seems to be back to its old self. I really think the producers of this show need keep their focus--it's not a serious drama. This show is at its best when it's goofy and kind of scary and the music is good.

I think that the apocalyptic stuff is there to unify the stories into just one story: the Winchesters vs. the powers of hell.
bloodrider
i love it !!!