FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AVI not working on vista

murdipurnama
I have just downloaded a video file using Azureus, I am trying to open it with various programs but I keep getting the same error message.
C:\User\Sarah\Documents\Azureus Downloads\Veronica Mars.S03E18.HDTV.XvID-XOR.avi is not a valid Win32 application.

Please help me to fix this I really dont want to download this file again!

If it cant be fixed please tell me what programs to use to download it so it will work.

Thanks so much
Sarah
ammonkc
What codec is the .AVI file using? ".avi" is only a wrapper for the video file. it could be xvid or divx or any kind of file inside. If you got if through bitTorrent then I'm willing to bet that its an xvid or divx file. you just gotta figure out what kind of file it is then download the right codec to play that file. xvid is free, and divx is shareware. but I think that divx is free just for the playback codec.
aningbo
are you sure its a video file? did you ask the peer members if they can play? was the video downloaded successfully? check the size.

if yes, you may consider playing the video again with VLC player, Mplayer or Gomp Player.
orcaz
mebbe it is bcoz it is corrupted. u can try dlding and installing k lite codec pack and then try again. it contains almost all the popular audio and video codecs out there.