FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video application on Vista

murdipurnama
Hi. I used to work on XP Home with this particular subtitling application. I bought a new computer, installed the very same software and proceeded to work. The subtitle editor seems to work all right (text), however when I try to open a video file the error message is: "No overlay mixer available. Check video adaptor and DirectX installation." I am practically computer illiterate. I wrote to the maker of the software, but to no avail. I don't even know if it's a problem with Vista or the software, or what. Do I need to download a DirectX update? Please help, I am lost here. Thanks in advance
kerryworkman
Sorry, I don't have the answer to the problem you are facing. I will say that I have had a ton of problems trying to use software I used on XP on my new Vista system as well. I would start by doing a google search for the software/vista and see if you can find any forums where people are having the same problem and hopefully that will help point you in the direction of an answer. Aside from that you could try contacting either the software manufacturer or microsoft itself and see if they have any answers for you. Good Luck, I hope you find the answer you are looking for.