FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MS-DOS in Vista

murdipurnama
is it possible to access MS DOS in Windows Vista? I am trying to access the system registry to recover a deleted Outlook Profile but the only way in know how to do this is to scanreg using MS DOS and i can't find that option in Vista. Perhaps there is another way of recovering a deleted Profile that i'm not aware of?

thanks for your help
brokenadvice
This works on XP, so it should work (Just tested it, works like a charm!)

Hit the windows key and R at the same time

type "command.com" no quotes

there you go!

(you can make a shortcut by right clicking on the desktop and typing command.com)
fadirocks
cmd???
grafke
murdipurnama wrote:
is it possible to access MS DOS in Windows Vista? I am trying to access the system registry to recover a deleted Outlook Profile but the only way in know how to do this is to scanreg using MS DOS and i can't find that option in Vista. Perhaps there is another way of recovering a deleted Profile that i'm not aware of?

thanks for your help

DOS is an operating system.. You can install it to you PC and make dual booting.. If you ask such questions, try to google for what is DOS, cause i think you need command promt..
Studio Madcrow
Pay a visit to: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

That site has the best DOS compatibility system around: it even works under 64-bit Windows and under Linux. And it "just works" with all sorts of programs (mainly games) that were hard to run even under "real" DOS. If you ever have a hankering for some old DOS games, DOSbox is really the ONLY good way of doing so without dedicating a separate old computer to the task.