FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

install software in os x

murdipurnama
I would like to uninstall the CS2 package on 40 Macs and being new to the Macs, i don't know the best way to uninstall it.

I have been told that there is no such thing as uninstaller for most of the programs on Macs? We have to delete each folder manually. Is that correct?

If not, which is the best way (any software) which could uninstall the CS2 package?
fiendskull9
well, i feel quite foolish not being sure if the photoshop package was an installer executable, or the old drag and drop app (alot of applications install other things into other folders)

your best bet at this point would be just to go into Applications, and delete the Adobe Suite (if you have that), or the Photoshop CS2.app

if there is anything else adobe related installed by photoshop elsewhere on the hard drive, it would be minuscule and shouldn't be worried about

please anyone, correct me if im wrong Smile

-clay
mirra
Hi,

on many Mac programs, launching the installer CD (or downloaded installer package, whatever you used to first install the software), also offers an "uninstall" option.

Just dragging the application to the trash doesn't delete the Adobe Updater and other additional components.

Best regards