FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Classic Music, Do you like it?

yimaw
Some times I play classic music like bethoven. It could make me calm and relax.
Do you?
CmKc
I use theme for alarm when i wake up Smile
it give peace, i recommend you
gnas
yimaw wrote:
Do you?

Yes, I do. Razz Razz Razz
AnGeLicK
i'm a big tchaikovsky fan... love his ballets...

other good classical composers:
mozart
haydn
vivaldi
holst (love 8 planets)
chopin
debussy
azaghal
i think that vivaldi, tschaikowsky and schubert are the best...great compossers and genius in whole history, we'll never have music as good as they did...its the most beautiful artwork never made by humans...
i just love it
ANGRA
I love Bach !!!
specially the English suite, i really like the music for pipe clavichord, harpischord and pipe organ Very Happy
CrimsonStrange
That's what classical symphony & opera used to be called.

(In fact, I think that description was reserved for people who liked artists such as Kraftwerk, too.)

I'm a big fan of Italian opera; Verdi, Rossini, etc.
I'm also quite partial to Mozart, Grieg, Prokofiev, and Bizet.

There's nothing like doing housework with all of the windows open, and the sound of Verdi's "La donna θ mobile" from Rigoletto lilting through the neighborhood. Boo hoo! (snicker)
Phil
I do. After work, I love to put on Vivaldi or Bach for the ride home.
There's a public radio station that plays Classical at night here that I listen to also.
Does anyone know of some **FREE and LEGAL** download sites for classical music? I've actually found a couple that are pretty good. If anyone wants the link, I'll post them.
diablera
Well, yeah, I love classical music, specially from the middle age and baroque...

Vivaldi, Hildegard Von Bingen, John Dowland, Mozart, Beethoveen.

And some opera like: Wagner, Puccini, Mozart (again), Philip Glass

and what about the neo classical?

Philip Glass, John Cage, Michael Nyman, Steve Reich, Eric Satie, etc?
ddukki
I've actually been listening to some renaissance music for Academic Decathlon ( yeah, I know, dork ... ) and it's some pretty crazy stuff. Classical music is awesome, no doubt. Vivaldi and Bach remain two of my favorite.
petgraveyard
I listen to it on occasion...

Just really when I really need relaxation time...

You know, it is one of those things you don't listen to everyday, but you still listen to it sometimes, do you know what I am saying?
lockwolf
I personally like Winter from the 4 seasons and a few of the songs I got from downloading all those keyboard packs for stepmania
JaeCee
Canon in D by Pachelbel has always been one of my favourite classical pieces. Good stuff.
bigdan
I don't mind a bit of Classical music. Good to study to, good to relax with.

Did anyone download the Beethoven Experience from the BBC when it was online? How good was it! Very Happy
Joha
The best thing i know is to listen to classical music in a walkman when i am walking outside when its snowing much. just feeling the power of the music and seeing all the snow just fall down... It is really really good! =)
lockwolf
JaeCee wrote:
Canon in D by Pachelbel has always been one of my favourite classical pieces. Good stuff.

I have a version of that where they replaced the Violin part with an Overdriven Electric Guitar. Its sweet sounding

I played Canon in D for a concert in Orchastra last year. I got the boring end of it (The Cello Part)
ddukki
petgraveyard wrote:
I listen to it on occasion...

Just really when I really need relaxation time...

You know, it is one of those things you don't listen to everyday, but you still listen to it sometimes, do you know what I am saying?
I know exactly what you're saying. Like, I won't listen to it when I'm just at home, but when I'm driving, I set it to the classical station, because there's so much crap commercials on the other ones. Classical music is the best music for driving.
eluder
yimaw wrote:
Do you?

Definitely. Mozart is most universal, bot for reviving a spirit and for grave thoughts. The Magic Flute, to rest and feel the joy of life, Requiem, to let the dark thoughts wane.

Bizet, the wonderful and overwhelming. Bach, the fundamental organ, yes. Paganini, Chaykovsky - yes, I can name thirty classic composers or even more, if you are interested.

Also, I like several modern 'remakes', such as Ravequiem by Theobaldi.
RosenCruz
it makes me relax and feel better...
JaeCee
lockwolf wrote:
JaeCee wrote:

I have a version of that where they replaced the Violin part with an Overdriven Electric Guitar. Its sweet sounding

I played Canon in D for a concert in Orchastra last year. I got the boring end of it (The Cello Part)

Electric ? Hook us a copy Razz

I'm a huge electric guitar fan, so yea, it'd be awesome to learn Canon on it =o
althalus
I don't listen much to classical, but one piece (or is it three?) caught my ear a while back. Moonlite Sonata, by Beethoven. (I heard it the first time in the video game Resident Evil Wink). A very nice and quiet piano piece. Smile
snowflake
Yeah, I mostly listen to classical music. Razz
Rachmaninoff, the guy with huge hands. Liszt, the crazy dramatic guy. Chopin, that really romantic guy. (They're not exactly 'classical' but 'romantics'.)
Haha. Great for relaxation, classical music. I also play this stuff on instruments as well. Smile
Helios
Yea, I like classical..

Why?

Maybe because it's a real music.. like rock.
bigdan
If anyone in New South Wales gets the Sydney Morning Herald tomorrow, there's a free Classical CD from ABC Classic FM. Just a little heads up, folks! Very Happy
knechtmusic
Hi,

I'm new here. Since I sell my own Christian/LDS sheet music online, I was excited to see a "music" division in this forum. I love classical music, especially sacred choral (since I was a voice major in college, probably). My mother was an opera lover...so it's probably genetic that I love Puccini, Wagner, Verdi, etc. I'm also into sacred choral works, like Bach's Magnificat, or Maurice Durufle's Requiem. Glad to see that there are fellow classical music lovers in this forum!

Kathy
zjosie729
I just did a biography project for my school on Beethoven. I am a total classic music lover.
cherryflows
Before last year I really didn't listen to it. I would listen every now and then but once I joined Academic Decathlon I became addicted. (Last year's music was classical) So now I'll listen to it when I need to relax such as after school and stuff.
harmonica
Smetana, Dvorak, Mozart, Beethoven and Bach...
Ioana
I like it a lot - don΄t listen to it as mutch as to Jazz. Smile
Ragnarok
Oh yeah i like so much of this genre and the sub genres.

I play the guitar and have learned to play (although badly) concerto de aranjuez pt.1 by rodrigo.

saint-saens, grieg, debussy, orff and barber to name but a few of my favourites.
-AmiT-
No, i don't like it because it is boringgggg Shocked
3shades
im a rock junkie lol, but i have to say that we can learn a lot form classical music!

it is also really relaxing
lyndonray
i love classical music becuase it is from a time when live performances were all you had. You didn't have tapes and cd you could replay over and over again. You really had to appreciate that particular symphony when you heard it that first time because you might not hear it again.

My favourite piece is the Unfinished (8th) Symphony by Franz Schubert. (Spielberg used parts of it in Minority Report when tom cruise is trying to find the location of the dude who is going to kill his cheating wife!) It's just beautiful to listen to. Other composers i like are J.S Bach and Gluck,