FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Front page

neomaximus
Hi, if you want a resolution for most of the people to see, you should go with 800x600. This is the most comond format.

Some of the advantages in FPage, is that you don't have to worry about HTML, so don't feel stress about learning HTML if you are not going to be creating web pages for personal use.

Fpage is mostly a graphic interface, because you can plase text, and move graphics, just as you would use Microsoft Word.... the HTML is generated automatically.

And all the HTML code you need to make a better looking web page that doesn't say rookie all over it, you can get it from many pages that all ready have the code ready just to copy and paste.

So don't worry, in a few hours you'll get the hang of it.
Grimboy
1. This is a bit of a random topic.
2. Front page generates bad uncomplient bloated code and genrally makes a site look even more 'rookie'.
tidruG
Quote:
makes a site look even more 'rookie'.

Not necessarily. I just use FP to change my colours. I don't use any of the other features like Site Nav bar or the hover buttons or the other things. If you basically want a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser simply for the basic formatting things and want to do the scripting part yourself, I highly recommend FP> In fact, most people I've interacted with told me it's even better than the new Dreamweaver. I haven't tested the new versions yet, but among the 2002 versions, definitely FP beats the crap out of Dreamweaver.

BTW, check this out:
http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3897

-locked-