FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sign Petition

imagefree
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/we-oppose-emergency-in-pakistan/sign.html

Please help Pakistanies get rid of Mr. President Musharraf. Help us get back on the way to democracy.

Bookmark it, digg it, or whatever you can.

Pleaseeee
polly-gone
Hmm... is this petition actually led by some organization, or did someone just create it? In my experiences, some petition made by and induvidual usually doesn't get any attention... Anyways, just for support, I am gonna sign it. Smile

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
imagefree
Its by a political party "Tahrekay Insaf" means "Movement for Justice"
polly-gone
Oh okay. Then this petition will definately take off with enough signatures. I signed. This petition is totally valid. I have been seeing this on the news, and it's just rediculous.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
coolclay
I kinda think if the President was going to listen to anyone he would have listened to all the leaders of all the countries around the World who told him not to do it. I really doubt the efficacy of a petition, but what the heck I signed it anyone.
hunnyhiteshseth
Well personally, I support the cause of spreading democracy. But at the same time I also believe that every nation should be sovereign to decide whats best for it. I mean look at China, its economy & military is going by leaps & bounds just because its too easy to pass any law without any legislative hurdles.

Plus one more factor you must keep in mind is that if Mushraff goes & an extremist comes to power, then that would be very dangerous for whole world. And do not forget, that Pakistan is Nuclear Power (how much small it may be!!)
imagefree
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Well personally, I support the cause of spreading democracy. But at the same time I also believe that every nation should be sovereign to decide whats best for it. I mean look at China, its economy & military is going by leaps & bounds just because its too easy to pass any law without any legislative hurdles.

Plus one more factor you must keep in mind is that if Mushraff goes & an extremist comes to power, then that would be very dangerous for whole world. And do not forget, that Pakistan is Nuclear Power (how much small it may be!!)

well actually same is not the case with pakistan. 99.99% people of pakistan are against the President but the problem is that ermaining .01% are restricting the whole population. Some of them are members of trade unions (so no strikes are possible), some are stock exchange brockers and even the channels that in the past tried to reveal the facts about the President , are now banned and the Govt Channels and all other channels are now just screaming "Allz well" nothing going wrong.

Can you imaging a steal mill of worth 200+ Billion (i forgot the actual worth) can be sold for just 23Billion ? This govt tried to do this but the Chief Justice took action against this. And now there was a case in supreme court of Pakistan against Prsident and the decision was going to be against the president on the Monday but all the judges that were fair with the law were expelled when emergency struck, and now president's own appointed judges decided in favour of President and now today he is going to be a Legal president for next five years. What is this? Can you compair it with china? no. He is ruling for just his own sake.
hunnyhiteshseth
Can you back that 99.99% figure with stats?? Are you living in Pakistan??

The media censorship is seen in all countries, just the amount of it varies.

I assume you meant steel & not steal. Laughing
Thats corruption & is seen in every country.
TheForgottenArts
Signed.
ocalhoun
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

At the expense of the working people, who make cheap products to be sold in the USA and elsewhere all day for a pittance, and who can't even access the internet without restrictions... Sometimes those legislative hurdles are there for a reason. There is more to a nation than economic and military strength.
hunnyhiteshseth
ocalhoun wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

At the expense of the working people, who make cheap products to be sold in the USA and elsewhere all day for a pittance, and who can't even access the internet without restrictions... Sometimes those legislative hurdles are there for a reason. There is more to a nation than economic and military strength.

Yes thats true and thats why I beleive in democracy. But at the same time we should let them decide whats best for them. I mean no ruler can rule without support of his people. There will always be somebody who will be dissatisfied. Just because in our country we have a democracy we can not force them to be democratic.