FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GREENDAY!!!

alibadman
MY FAVORITE BAND IS GREENDAY.

you guys like them 2?

post if u do =)
put ur favoritee song of them in your post
melissareich
They are "alright" I've heard of them plenty times all over the place. I like a few of their songs, I can't remember the names of my favorites right off the top of my head, but yes they are a good band.
applejunk
honestly i think old greenday sounds better than new greenday. a lot of the rock/punk bands right now all sound the same, it's all mainstream music. nobody comes out with anything new anymore.
liljp617
Definitely no thank you. Anybody can do what they do. They have no creativity or unique musical talent to give them any type of decent title. They're actually quite a disgrace to punk in general...especially recently. But, hey, my opinion doesn't mean much and they're rich as hell so Very Happy
bri4n5
I like them too, i prefer their old songs, and my favorite song of american idiot album is "Jesus of Suburbia". Cool
SpellcasterDX
They're ok. I have a few of their songs, although, I don't own any of their albums. I don't like them enough for that. Yet. But yes, they sound pretty good on American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
blinx
Hmm, yeah, I see a lot of people like you, "committed" Green Day fans.
Sorry to say this, but at the moment, they suck.

The old Greenday, and I am talking pre-Dookie, is what I used to listen, and still listen too. It is by far the best of their music, and many of the songs after that aren't worth listening to. It's a shame, they seem to have apted for a more pop sound than stuck with their punk roots. But I owe them something, they really got me introduced me to punk music. Great genre.
keyme
i like greenday
theire music is fresh n interesting for me...
i like macy's day parade.
Yantaal
keyme, if you think they are fresh and interesting you should try listening to some actualy punk bands, you might love it. Bands like Rancid,

but i agree with the majority, old greenday is easily ther best. Basketcase got me into alternative music, and i have never looked back.

but their new stuff really is poor.
liljp617
keyme wrote:
i like greenday
theire music is fresh n interesting for me...
i like macy's day parade.

when did you start listening to music?? If playing a song that consist of four power chords on a guitar and mediocre singing is fresh and interesting you should probably broaden your music choice Razz Your choice of course.
fastguitar99
Well if you like rock, you should like greenday. They are just your basic rock band, nothing really special, but good to listen to sumtimes
brizl
viva la greenday!!!
Kelcey
I've liked greenday ever since i was little.
Coffyfacemk2
Green Day are fully awesome

not particularly punk, but then who cares? Having a go at bands because they're too successful, or because of genre snobbery is pretty sad in my opinion.

I do like more traditional punk, its pretty rare that my ipod isn't stacked with a few rancid or bad religion albums, but some of the genre is just rubbish (yes, i'm looking at you NOFX, although cheers to fat mike for the Rock Against Bush albums) and I see no reason to stop listening to the far superior tunesmanship of Green Day just because punk fans don't consider them punk enough.

Also they were awesome in Milton Keynes a few years ago.
Coffyfacemk2
Oh, and songs I like...

2,000 Light years away - quite a cute little song

Going to pasalqua (not sure of the spelling) is pretty sweet likewise.

Church on Sunday

Waiting

Ha Ha you're Dead

Whatshername

Homecoming

also, check out alkaline trio. do love that band...
agustin
I used to like them... but not any more... my music likes changed a little bit.ja
fpwebs
Greenday is my all time least favorite band. I've never liked them and I never will. Personally I think the singer should stay out of America since he can't pick up the accent and that the band shouldn't even be classified under "rock" (some places classifies it correctly, but mostly they don't). It's not rock so I don't get the big fuss over the band. I don't hate anyone who listens to it, I just don't personally enjoy it. To me it sounds like a garbage disposal.
jubaha
I like it very much

Best Songs:
2000 Light Years Away
One Of My Lies
American Idiot
St. Jimmy
She's A Rebel
Extraordinary Girl
Letterbomb
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Warning
Blood, Sex, And Booze
Church On Sunday
Fashion Victim
Castaway
Misery
Deadbeat Holiday
Hold On
Jackass
Waiting
Minority
Macy's Day Parade

When new record gomes? Question Question
chartcentral
Green Day is cool enough and they've got my respect. Kudos to them especially on "Basket Case", "Warning", "Minority", "American Idiot" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends".
hpphkl
I have always liked green day and I actually have some green day cd's =) I think green day doesn't have any special songs for me I just like them in general. I can agree with many others in here. I like more of their older songs. Pop is not just for me.
ainieas
One of my fav bands but I like the old-school Greenday rather than the newer version.

My all-time fav Greenday song -s-

Time of your life.

"Wake me Up when September Ends" and "Church on Sunday" are also some songs that stayed with me.
Nutteloos
Anyone heard Dean Gray's American Edit? I think, especially if you have heard Green Day's version a couple times, it's quite an awesome album. The official mirror is gone though, so you may have trouble locating it.

Boulevard of Broken Songs is a classic.
liljp617
Coffyfacemk2 wrote:
Green Day are fully awesome

not particularly punk, but then who cares? Having a go at bands because they're too successful, or because of genre snobbery is pretty sad in my opinion.

I do like more traditional punk, its pretty rare that my ipod isn't stacked with a few rancid or bad religion albums, but some of the genre is just rubbish (yes, i'm looking at you NOFX, although cheers to fat mike for the Rock Against Bush albums) and I see no reason to stop listening to the far superior tunesmanship of Green Day just because punk fans don't consider them punk enough.

Also they were awesome in Milton Keynes a few years ago.

How about going after a band who does nothing original, writes simple music, has mediocre vocals/instrument playing, and is more commercial than almost any "rock" band in the business right now?
BPrice
they are good but they are not the best in my view
dougblackjr
I think they're pretty good. Dookie was a great album, as was Nimrod.

~ Doug
fpwebs
Yeah, old Geenday is much better than the new Greenday, but regardless I never liked them and I still don't like them and I can honestly say that I really don't think that I will ever like them. I like very little punk, VERY little. I never really liked the punk genre, honestly so that's just my taste in music. But Greenday is by far one of my LEAST favourite bands that exist today.
loyal
alibadman wrote:
MY FAVORITE BAND IS GREENDAY.

you guys like them 2?

post if u do =)
put ur favoritee song of them in your post

My favourite song of theirs is broken dreams. However, it sounds like simple plan copied broken dreams in their song "your love is a lie".

Peace.
gugusm
Nice band, though they're emo lately I think.
pudovkin
i'm not a fan, but i definitely respect them for what they contributed for music and "punk" scene (even they aren't "punk" at all).
parmaster
Yep love greenday! Great band that has been around forever! Favourite song that they sing would be American Idiot!
Indyan
I like some of their songs like Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends.
speeDemon
Greenday is a pretty simple and good band.

They've got just about everything a rock band needs.
In todays world, you basically need a guitarist, drummer and a singer. Make some combitnation like guitarist cum siner, etc. and there you go! you have a band.

Greenday are pretty easy to play on the guitar too, so for newbies to guitars, they're like heaven! Very Happy
I too like their songs. I dont hear much, but I love to hear to:-

Boulevard of broken dreams
American Idiot
Holiday

Other than greenday I like Linkin Park, n' MetellicA. Iron maiden is fine, bryan adam is good, there is a lot of variety. There are many new bands looking for oppertunities too, so you always get some kind of music... But Greenday is good!
nkhot
i like their song very much!
iamyet
Pretty good band with their own style. A band that you can always differentiate on the radio. But haven't heard any master pieces from them of late or did i miss out? Recommendations for their newer hits?
pudovkin
iamyet wrote:
Recommendations for their newer hits?

Good one. I don't know exactly what it means "New Green Day"; I can't predict what it would sound from the beginning of its career.
raginggenerals
Green Day is a great band.

My Favourite song of theres is:

whatsername
Firilacroco
Does anybody know anything about their album which should be released this year?
projectnowhere
well.. greenday.. as i have never been a friend of this kind of american punk bands or however i should call it, i would lie if i said i like them.. well their music is nice when its playing in the background at parties or something, but i would never sit down and say "so, now i listen to greenday", as i do it with other bands (dreamtheater *orgasm* Razz)
BuLLetss
I think Greenday sucks because they hate America
JoshuAAR
Greenday are pretty good i think. I've seen them live once, just after their American Idiot Album came out. My favourite song is probably basket case.

Does any one like their new 'alter 'ego' band aswell? The Foxburo Hottubs or something, haha i think they are pretty funny.
liljp617
BuLLetss wrote:
I think Greenday sucks because they hate America

A) I think they suck in general
B) People making songs calling out politicians and a corrupt government doesn't mean they hate the USA. It takes a real patriot to go against the grain and call out the corrupt actions of the government/politicians.
xtranophilist
I love concept albums.
And I loved their album American Idiot.
They have some good songs like American idiot, Are we the waiting, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends.
I also love the cover by Greenday Working Class Hero more than the original by John Lennon.
slashnburn99
Hi If you love Greenday try these

Foxboro Hot Tubs

These are Green Day in disguise,

other songs they like to do but can`t because they will upset the Green Day hardcore blah blah!
so they make songs also under the Foxboro hot tubs band
madenotborn
Green Day is amazing I just learned "Basket Case" on guitar.
lavitran
I like them too, i prefer their old songs, and my favorite song of american idiot album is "Jesus of Suburbia".
timrangar
I love Green Day. They are great. Pop and rock in one bottle.
Tuvitor
I saw them once, back before they got big. They were at a club in San Jose opening for Bad Religion. I think it was like around 1992 or so. Yeah, i'm dating myself... Laughing
madenotborn
I cant wait until there new album comes out
tingkagol
They are an "okay" band, but they have got to lose the eyeliner.