FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eragon

baser
Boy was this movie a stinker!! The special effects couldn't even save it over the dialogue which was akin to listening to nails raking a chalkboard. Everyone has made a big deal over the novel it being authored by a 14 year old, I didn't read it but apparently the movie is true to the novel since it obviously was written by a 14 year old!
jipmerite
Eragon is a rip off of the Lord Of the Rings and Star Wars. Better to spend time reading LOTR and appreciate true literature than waste your time reading eragon.

The movie sucked because the book sucks.
applejunk
horrribleee movieee. during the part where he finds the blue dragon egg, my friend said that the person behind him in the movie theatres was like: "THAT'S NOT AN EGG, THAT'S A FRICKIN JELLY BEAN." hahahaha i couldn't stop laughing.
Eyre
Quote:
horrribleee movieee. during the part where he finds the blue dragon egg, my friend said that the person behind him in the movie theatres was like: "THAT'S NOT AN EGG, THAT'S A FRICKIN JELLY BEAN." hahahaha i couldn't stop laughing.

HAHAHAH. Now that I think about it, it really does look like a jelly bean Mad.

But yeah...it was on HBO on demand, so I watched it...not too impressed.
ShadowAssassin
Disappointing. Very. I read the novel, it is actually really good. Unfortunately the movie sucked badly, especially the battle at the end, not much action as there should be. There should be better ACTORS aswell! The scenes weren't as 'lovely' as they should be O_o
bri4n5
Blaarggh! a horrible Book/Movie!!!
blk3
I didn't read the book. But I can safely say that I didn't like this movie. The CGI effects is not even good enough to save it. I think is a trilogy, hope they dont make any more movies.
ShadowAssassin
I love the books, theyre pretty good. the third book still didnt come out, but im looking forward to it, as the second book was the best so far. When i think back to book 1, its boring xD. IF there making a new movie, i think they should get new staff members... seriously..
miquelx
I love this movie because it has ragon and that things and i love dragons
That was one of the best movies i ever saw...
JessieF
I immensly enjoyed the books Eragon, and Eldest, the second book to the trilogy. (The third is still to come). But this movie was absolutely horrible. The only thing I liked about the movie was the dragon, but even the dragon didn't fit the storyline and description in the book. In the movie Saphira's wings were of feathers. In the book her wings are of webbed membrane. Her wings could have been so beautiful.

The movie was truthfully nothing like the book. It's like a totally different story, all out of whack. The plot was messy and unorganized/out of order as to the book. They even messed up the characters! Eragon the movie was absolutely horrible.
htetkyawlwin
not a bad one Surprised . I think eragon is a good movie with great animations. And I also like movies created with many animations.
Coclus
The book is really good, but I don't like the movie have as much.
linangan
I very much dislike Paolini's Eragon (I'll get into that sometime else). Therefore, I had not seen the movie until just lately. I rented it on DVD and sat down one weekend afternoon to watch it, not expecting much. Well, I got what I expected, not much.

When the pretty effects and visuals are the best part of the movie, you know there is a problem. The lines were cheesy, and even worse than many parts of the book. The entire concept of the dragon, and Saphira growing up was totally unrealistic, and I think was degrading to dragons in general. Dragons are supposed to have pride, and Saphira acted like a humble little pony to Eragon. It was altogether dissapointing and cut out some of the best parts of the actual story. Galbatorix didn't scare me at all. Rent it if you are bored, otherwise, don't bother.
chartcentral
Good and entertaining movie. Definitely worth the money and time in watching it. The theme song "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne is great too. Smile
loyal
baser wrote:
Boy was this movie a stinker!! The special effects couldn't even save it over the dialogue which was akin to listening to nails raking a chalkboard. Everyone has made a big deal over the novel it being authored by a 14 year old, I didn't read it but apparently the movie is true to the novel since it obviously was written by a 14 year old!

Peace.

The author was 15 when he started writing, and finished when he was 20. So, it's not that big a deal. It took him 5 years to write a book, and he was 20 by the time he finished. Hardly special.

I read the first and second books of this series a few years ago, and remember that they are okay but not brilliant. I remember being suspicious over a magic/power in the books which seems to be copied off a magic/power in The Farseer Trilogy by robin hobb. I don't think the author of eragon made his own ideas. I reckon he copied off others. But then again, loads of people do...

I think, with the possible exception of lord of the rings, no fantasy fiction book is any good when turned into a movie. It's always ruined.
nanunath
Horrible Movie !!
metalprincess666
hh, i like this movie Very Happy
Mrs Lycos
I disagree Smile , I believe that despite how good the effects and music are, I think that the story was good and the movie too. Razz
And although not as good as the lord of the rings Rolling Eyes . I liked it Wink
r4inm4ker
didn't like it, nothing feels original and the story is just too flat.
dickyzin
Is there going to be F-ragon and G-ragon ,etc, later on?
loyal
dragonmachine wrote:
WOW, I don't think Eragon is built to be film, I think it's just a story, >"<
Who can show me a trailer?
Thanks,^^

Just do a google search to find the trailer.

Peace.