FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DELL, and their services.

[FuN]goku
Okay, now i have never cared much for dells, even though i have a dell laptop, but their services are getting bloody ridiculous.

Okay, i sat my laptop on the edge of my night stand in my bedroom, and i went to the bathroom and when i come back i see it on the floor, and the screen had a crack in it.
So that was in august. Now i actually sent the laptop out to get repaired on October the 5th, and the box arrived on the 4th and we shipped it out the next day.

So its now mid november, and they still dont have it back.. Supposedly it was shipped back out on the 16th of October.So around November the first, my grandfather gives em a ring at dell , and asks them where the hell it is.. and they said it was in this town about an hour away from where i live. and supposedly its just been sitting there for weeks.. so last week he rang them about 3 times asking about it. they said they were taking it back through ontario, and mailing it back down through a different route and it should be back within that week... Which was last week and i still dont have it.

So yesterday he gives them a... no sorry it was saturday or friday.. one of those 2 days XD
Anyways he calls em over the weekend , and they said that they hadn't bothered to do anything about it yet.

So.. tbh i think they lost it and they're just covering up for it. Like it shoulda been back long ago.

So i really dont know what to do now.. Dell just seem like a bunch of lazy arses who only care about making money.
Jaan
yeah man that's the way it is.. luckily my screen hasn't cracked yet :O
but with a screen crack you should've tried a local repairsman. you know the type. they usually fix those things and for cheaper than dell if you're warranty has expired.

good luck
[FuN]goku
yeah but my warranty didnt expire. i got the 3 year extended warranty. And it would of cost alot more to repair locally imo.
xkobram
I think that if you had it repaired localy, you would lose your waranty, am I not right?
I think sending it to Dell was right decision but little unlycky.

I wish you more luck now.
applejunk
yeah...Dell can have pretty bad customer service. My roomate's power cord for laptop broke so she had to go without a computer for about a week and a half while Dell tried to tell her that there was something wrong with the computer and not the power cord. Then finally after they understood it really was the powercord that was the problem, they sent her the wrong charger twice. And on the day the correct one was supposed to arrive it never did and arrived the next day instead.

I have a Gateway, and so far I love the customer service. It's a pretty good laptop too.
czc587
I have a 3 dells and have never had a problem that they have not fix promptly. Maybe I was just lucky?
[FuN]goku
Mhh.. maybe i was just unlucky who knows.... but

I finally got my laptop back today... after how long....

But what really annoys me is, it was held in this town for so long and they said they couldnt mail it to us because it didnt have our mailing address on the box...

But IT DID! they put a sticker with our info over top of where the address actually was... bloody idiots lol Wink
Daniel15
I've heard that Dell Asia-Pacific (Australia, Singapore, etc.) is heaps better than Dell USA, but I'm not too sure.

I've had my Dell laptop since September last year, and have not had any problems with it yet Smile
Dark-Tech
7 years ago i purchased a dell and it was great for a bout a month then the parts started going bad (optical drives and such. Luckily it was a desktop and they would come and fix it but it broke 3 times in the first year of malfunctions. after the first year i got pissed and began doing my own maintanence cause i knew alot about computers and dell service pissed me off.
once i called up because my DVD burner was broken and i talked to dell for 4 hours a day for 3 weeks cause they didn't belive me when i said it was broken.....
long story short after trying everything (sofware, jiggling plug )to fix it that i knew wouldn't work because it was BROKEN they finally told me to call the manufacturer of the hardrive 10 mins later i gave the guy the light code and i went back to dell and they finally believed me that it was broken.
The new one i got im 90% sure is broken to but im not calling customer service again
since then i decided to ****** computer companies, if i can build it myself i will
I also have a friend with a dell laptop
my friend had a laptop for 5 years that was a dell he's only had it for like 4 cause he keeps having to send it back and/or its broken
he had the overheating dell battery problem, 3 times, cause i guess they suck, it got to the point he would only usehis laptop for like an hour a day and now the screen i shot (atleast) i didnt check to see if the entire thing was fried and he has to send it back again.....

DELL SUCKS
liljp617
Every company has crappy service the majority of the time. Get used to it. Dell is much better than the majority and their PC's are at least quality if you take care of it...the same can't be said about those such as HP and Gateway.
Pkshields
I;ve only had small problems with my familys dells, like power cables and mouses but they always sent the next day (after a slight bit of arguing). Lucky I guess...
scotty
My father bought a $3,000 Dell laptop this morning online Razz I hope he doesn't have any trouble with it. But I feel that you can get a new laptop, for free if they've lost it. Good luck!
ninjakannon
I think you'll find that most modern universal companies are pretty poor when it comes to this kind of thing. I think it comes down, mostly, to money with this kind of thing. If they had lost it I don't think it would pain them to replace it with a new one, however I'm sure they'd rather wait until there is a whole van load of deliveries in your area and then do them all in one go. I would guess that it's not Dell themselves who do the delivering/redelivering but a smaller courier company, to them money would be more of a big deal.

I have a 2 Dell screens, a Dell keyboard and a Dell PC here that I'm using now. They're all pretty good, only one screen has had any faults and it's 4 or 5, perhaps more, years old I believe. Not that that's any excuse, these things should really last for 20 years minimum. That's the nature of modern hardware for you.

I hope this experience teaches you to be super careful with your laptop or you'll have to go through it all again! Which gives me an idea, perhaps they have purposefully poor repair times so that you'd rather go and buy a new one, thus increasing their profit. Or am I being far too scathing of corporations here?

Hmm, this has been a ramble! My thoughts dribbled into the message body box. Razz
achowles
DELL = Digital Hell. I'm amazed they're still in business to be honest. I built my own PC and it's far cheaper than a far lesser machine with crappy support from that company. Plus the power supply is reputably somewhat less inclined to explode.
ninjakannon
achowles wrote:
DELL = Digital Hell. I'm amazed they're still in business to be honest. I built my own PC and it's far cheaper than a far lesser machine with crappy support from that company. Plus the power supply is reputably somewhat less inclined to explode.

They are still in business because they, despite what you say, are actually quite good, dare I say: very good.

It may be that you can do exactly as you say there, and it may be that you could in fact do even better. However, the typical user - so that's most people - cannot. Or they can't be bothered. And on the whole Dell computers are reliable and work well. On the whole. Hence why most people are satisfied with their products and services.
Eyre
I've personally found that their customer service isn't the most helpful thing in the world. I know for a fact that my motherboard on my laptop is fried, yet they are 100% sure that that's not the problem.
coolclay
I've never had a Dell and never will, but from my friends I have never heard anything but bad things about they're products and service. My one friend had a Dell laptop like not even a few days after his warranty expired his hard drive died. And they wouldn't replace it unless he paid them like $200 or something ridiculous.
Indyan
I bought a dell lappy recently as I have so far heard only good things about dell support in India.
Hopefully they wont dissapoint me Sad
friuser
Dells great. It's only sucks cause most of customer support calls are routed overseas and they follow a script but than I think even the us customer operators follow the same pattern. I don't know about recently but when I get a problem I was awarded concession coupons for my trouble but its not frequent at all.

For the poster... I don't think you can blame dell on this matter. If you accidently had your laptop drop and it's cracked... I don't think that's covered warrenty unless you paid extra. If you paid extra for that support than you have a case where you get supervisor to fix it but if it's not... be patient cause it is your fault and not a fault of dell.
ninjakannon
friuser wrote:
For the poster... I don't think you can blame dell on this matter. If you accidently had your laptop drop and it's cracked... I don't think that's covered warrenty unless you paid extra. If you paid extra for that support than you have a case where you get supervisor to fix it but if it's not... be patient cause it is your fault and not a fault of dell.

This is not what people are complaining about here, it's the terrible customer and delivery services, for the most part. Even if it's the customer's fault for damaging the product, the customer service and delivery should be helpful, supportive and efficient.
facebookresearch
Quote:
hahahah it's so funnny...

This is not what people are complaining about here, it's the terrible customer and delivery services, for the most part. Even if it's the customer's fault for damaging the product, the customer service and delivery should be helpful, supportive and efficient.

I can't belive that dell is so into what we think... we need to do something about it. Can I please know what I need to do in the forum.. i wanted to get something...