FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is there a 'stupid setting' in php or something??

taytay
This is buggin' me SO bad I want to curse!!

I'm trying to write a simple registration page. but PHP is editing generated text. for example

Code:
<input type="checkbox" name="8" <?php echo $regnoti; ?> />

comes out as

Code:
<input name="8" checked="checked" type="checkbox">

$regnoti is set to either nothing, or checked="checked", depending on if client the submitted the form with this check box 'checked' or not.

My point is, PHP is rearranging the settings for my check box, and it's removing my '/' at the end of the input... It's like there's some stupid htmltidy function turned on in PHP to make up for stupid programming... well it's screwin' up my script writing. garr

edit:k i'm calm now... I found the phpinfo thing and i'm lookin through it now...

edit by Rvec: Please do not doublepost, you can use the edit button to edit your post.
Flakky
And did looking though the info help? Anyway you might have mixed up the ' and the " tokens. Make sure you haven't messed with them too much.

For example:
Code:
echo 'I haven't done it';
When you look at those tokens the echo will output till the second ' and the rest is just plain weird and will handle it as an error.

I have no idea if I am close or anything but try Very Happy
taytay
well usually php show's those error's. My text editor kind of does to. I'm careful to fix those with a slash.

I just find it weird that php would edit information Outside of the '<?php' & '?>' tags...
Flakky
Sorry but I can't help you any further :/
Daniel15
Are you *sure* this is what's happening? That's definitely not normal PHP behaviour! What about just
Code:

<input type="checkbox" name="8" />

(without the PHP)

Does that work properly?