FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

data structures

kawkazEE
hi guys.. just wondering if any of you know a c tutorial on data structures.. when it is useful and what project can it be a good help..
AftershockVibe
What exactly do you mean by data structures?

C is a relatively simple language in terms of data structures.
- Arrays
- Structs
- Unions

Structs are the ones which are then used to define the other types of data structures you are likely to use - linked lists, trees and graphs.

Is that what you mean or are you just looking for something that describes how to use the built-in types and strings? etc
Indi
He probably means a tutorial on things like stacks, queues, singly/doubly linked lists and so on, with sample code in C.
kawkazEE
Indi wrote:
He probably means a tutorial on things like stacks, queues, singly/doubly linked lists and so on, with sample code in C.

indeed! maybe with some useful applications wherein data structures can take place..
AftershockVibe
Hmm... well I formally learned this in first year of university. My uni keeps all it's stuff behind a login/password so you can't look at the slides, however, there are plenty of universities which don't do that.

I would think that the best way to find what you're looking for is to google for something along the lines of
"data structures slides" or
"algorithms data structures slides" (since algorithm efficiency is highly related to the correct use of data structures) and have a flick through. Any course worth its salt will explain Big O notation as well.
kawkazEE
great thnx.. i'll try it!