FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need some tips

movieplace
Hey all,
I want some tips how i can make a website attractive to people who take a quick look at my site. All tips are welcome Very Happy

Greetz
KHO
Key elements now include graphical content (this doesn't mean flash or random animations, simply a graphical navigation helps alot) and Navigation system. It needs to be clean and organized, random content of every page, or a difficult navigation turn visitors away like putting a maze at your front door.
melissareich
Simple designs seem to fascinate me these days, so try designing a layout that has a simple color scheme and an easy navigation. Not much tips to give, you kind of have to give it your own approach and be creative. Smile
GB
One thing I would suggest is studying successful newspaper and billboard designs. Develop a hook to get visitors in. This could be something like promising something for free if they register or an example of your content.

I agree with KHO above that you should have everything organized. If someone goes to your site and it is a mountain of text, they're not going to want to read it and will move on. If they see some nice graphics and well organized content and content that seems useful, they'll stay.

Good luck on your site!
Skkye_Blossom
Also keep in mind what your visitors are going to want. Try to see the site from there perspective. Generally clean, simple and easy to use.