FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

First-Person-Shooting game

movieplace
Hey all,
I'm looking for a good First-Person-Shooting game, like Counterstrike and Halo but i don't have any idea what is also a good game :S. So please can someone tell me a good First-Person-Shooting game??
Thank you very very much if you post Very Happy

Greetz
tony
check out sauerbraten!

http://sauerbraten.org/

its my second-fav first-person shooter. works on windows and linux and is free/open-source.

if you have a high-end gaming system, check out crysis - its my favourite:

http://www.ea.com/crysis/
benjmd
Haven't played Crysis but have heard great things about it. If you're looking for a cheaper title, try the predecessor to Crysis, FarCry, which was pretty awesome, too.
movieplace
Hte game looks very nice Very Happy especially the water in the last screenshot, it looks very good Razz
McDucque
If you're thinking for PC, I would most definitely go with Hellgate:London. The whole design of it is very cool and the idea of having RPG-style leveling in a first person shooter is pretty cool to me.

If you're looking for consoles, Call of Duty: 4 is the way to go. I've recently started it and am having a lot of fun with it. It's all the excitement of the Call of Duty series but in a more modern Wartime.

generally good titles that are on everything are The Half Life Orange Box and Prey
mattchun
Come on man, you don't know DOOM? The history-longtime-killer of your hardware. But you know the game's effect is very very good.

Another is Half Life, which has a storyline and a very similiar gaming experience with Counter Strike.

I like these two games since I started to play pc games!
movieplace
Got a PC, played a lot of First-Shooter-Games, also Call Of Duty, but is Call of Duty no on the PC?? I heard it is just new so....
Also like battlefield Razz I played it a very long time but my CD of battlefield is broken :S
I think doom isnt a game for me, i like more games like counterstrike battlefield etc. Doom isnt very good in graphics i think
achowles
For multiplayer gaming, or for a more arcade style shooter try Unreal Tournament 3.

For something a bit different that is well thought out try Prey.

Stalker introduces some RPG elements and has a more open ended feel to it.

Half Life 2: Orange Box offers brilliant value if you don't have any of the titles already.
Pikokola
movieplace wrote:
Got a PC, played a lot of First-Shooter-Games, also Call Of Duty, but is Call of Duty no on the PC?? I heard it is just new so....
Also like battlefield Razz I played it a very long time but my CD of battlefield is broken :S
I think doom isnt a game for me, i like more games like counterstrike battlefield etc. Doom isnt very good in graphics i think

I think Call of Duty has touch the 4th (yes, we didn't get pc release for the 3rd)

Battlefiled too. I recall that I ever play battlefiled 2 and another series of battlefield

oh yeah, don't forget that Westwood ever release C&C : Renegade, it's first person shooting game too.. Razz
bukaida
A very old nice FPS is conflict Desert Storm(Both I and II) , Project IGI is also good.None of them requires special graphics card.
spinout
free is good enough _> have you tested www.americasarmy.com

first person shooter -> to my understanding this is a recruiting game but many plays for the freeness and that it is some reality to it...
wabik90
There are lots of FPSs(some are good, some aren't as good as good:-). It depends what do you want? Maybe you prefer to play with computer opponent or real opponent? Or you would like to kill people or some aliens or big creatures?

OK, for online gaming there is ET, Wolfteam, but my FAVOURITE is WarRock - www.warrock.net.

If you want to play with computer opponent and kill some aliens and huge creatures you should try Serious Sam. To be honest it's my favourite game ever! It OWNED! I love it, it's fu... rampage!!!

Cheers Very Happy
ForceRun
My current FPS for the PC is Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat - the single player is short but very fun. The Multiplayer is the best i have seen in a long time. You have levels with give you new weapons and perks, killing spree rewards like airstrike and attack helocopter, and it is a lot of fun.

Team Fortress 2 is a ton of fun too, and is more team based.

Crysis - Has the best single player, but the multiplayer sucks.

And there are a ton more okay to good games out like: UT3, QW enemy Territory, and BF2 is still fun.
kiran_n444
Crysis the Online Gameplay is the best ever, and I run it on a Laptop thats not even supposed to be able to handle it but it works fine and looks god even on my laptop of course all the video options are set to low. My laptop specs are

128 ATI Video Card(comes out of ram so I ran at 64 MB for Crysis)
RAM 512(-64 for Video Card)
1.5 GHZ Processing
60 GB Hard Disk.

Even though with those horrible specs i ran it fine and it was awesome.
ZeroXD
kiran_n444 wrote:
Crysis the Online Gameplay is the best ever, and I run it on a Laptop thats not even supposed to be able to handle it but it works fine and looks god even on my laptop of course all the video options are set to low. My laptop specs are

128 ATI Video Card(comes out of ram so I ran at 64 MB for Crysis)
RAM 512(-64 for Video Card)
1.5 GHZ Processing
60 GB Hard Disk.

Even though with those horrible specs i ran it fine and it was awesome.

Wow, i'm surprised you can run the game on that laptop. You must really have everything set to the lowest possible settings.

However, back on topic, I would recommend trying Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory if you haven't played it before. It's a completely free online fps and I had a ton of fun playing it a year or 2 ago. Not sure how it's doing now player wise, but it's definitely fun, and the price is hard to beat Very Happy
Munin
Try with F.E.A.R. if you haven't played yet.
It's a great game, with a great dossis of psychological terror.
If you're fan of the classic gaming, you can try with Doom Remake or Doom 3.
Crysis it's very funny, but, in my case, i'm tired of the KPA.

Greetings.-
rightclickscott
Forget everything mentioned in this thread, and get The Orange Box, and be in total bliss over Half-Life 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.
jtayl153
The Medal of Honors are alright

I also think Soldier of Fortunes are pretty good aswell
amysanders
chronicals of riddick: butchers bay. its awsome has a good mixture of graphics and an awsome storyline, and it doesnt kill the films.
st-games
BioShock is best single player FPS that I ever play. Best multiplayer FPS are HALO 3 and Call of Duty 4.

Crysis is good, it has perfect graphic, but game is too short and boring.
bobskeyboardz
I only play 2 computer games: Counterstrike and unreal tornament, those seem to be the best there is for my crappy graphics card!

If I had the money to spend then Id probably doing something else rather then posting to get a free Host!
coyote
Just depends on what you've got. Obviously you've got a PC, but I'm not very savvy on those, so all I know is F.E.A.R.

Xbox 360-Shadowrun, Halo 3, COD 4 for Multiplayer. They have pretty decent campaigns (except Shadowrun has literally NO campaign) but they really shine on XBL.

PS3-Not much...I hear Resistance 2 should be out soon. It's supposed to be really good, but I don't care for PlayStation Online.

Wii-Like PC, idk much. Are there even any FPS's out for this besides Red Steel???
bloodtiger10
dude you could play counter strike but it is too expensive too play. Well... then you could get HAlo3 for your pc becuase the graphics are better and they've added tons of maps

Another thing is counter strike is better becuase it has downloadable maps, downloadable characters, downloadable guns, every thing agbout it is customisable. You can practicly anything on it and you can also hack it to do all sorts of things, like I hacked it so I could go through walls and I made a bot for it so I shoot and it kills every body in a 50 yds ratius. It is just plain better than anything, or other first person shooters, I has every thing so I mean it is just plain better for a PC.

The only donwside is that PC's have bad graphics cards so it makes no sense to buy it for a pc. Buy it for a PC and get a mac (IMAC) and get parreles so you can windows
0bobby0
I sugges you WarRock...A nice FREE game that you can dowload on internet. Just look it on google...It's a nice game but with the time it becomes boring...
Flakky
For a true fps, go get one of the Unreal Tournament series (2004 or 3), and I should definately buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. A true game with a wonderful atmosphere. You could also go for F.E.A.R. if you can handle the fear Razz
GeoS
Go to http://www.onrpg.com/boards/70.html, and giggle enthusiatically into an eternitum of entertaining FREE fps games. Or at least for the next 5 minutes, w/e.

I recommend Tremulous, although I hear Far Cry is now free if you agree to be metaphorically hit in the face with excessive in-game advertising. I don't know what it'll be like.

Maybe when your sniping asses off on the tropical beaches, you'll casually glance at a small flyer fluttering in the wind, advertising sunblock. Or something.

Team Fortress 2 and Red Orchestra are what I'm playing atm.
Triffid
Team Fortress 2 is mega fun man!!
You can find me on the GTFO servers.

Heavy all the way!
Lukargo
If you're on a budget I would totally recommend Far Cry. At $10 it's just too hard to pass up. http://www.amazon.com/UBI-Soft-Far-Jewel-Case/dp/B000EGOGAA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1204593547&sr=8-2
ForceRun
Did you guys evr try COD4? Out of all the sweet games I played last year, COD4 and TF2 are the only ones that I'm playing still.
Raydon
COD4 is okey, but I like COD2 more. (yeah you've read it right)
I like it more cuz of the weps. I Hate thos new weps in COD, it's just to modern for my taste of FPS.
Deanmc
I finished COD 4 quite a few times. Loved it from the start. But i'm having trouble playing it online. I'm quite new to this online playing. I cant find any low ping servers. Anyone know any good low ping servers? Shocked
tcfblade
UNREAL 3
CALL OF DUTY 2
HALFLIFE 2
FEAR
FARCRY 2

... well
Guelila
If your computer has the specs to support it, I highly recommend Half Life 2: Episode 2
Amazing game!
Peckles
HalfLife 2 is a great non multiplayer FPS game. You can really get into it now that they have 3 games of it out. Valve also makes TF2, a great game when you just want something a little more laid back.
R4J4H-D4T-808
I would say halo 3 is really good only the online play though