FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3d program

movieplace
Hey all,
I did a few 3d projects for school, a lot of people make 3D. But there are a lot of programs you can use so...... here is my question:
What is the best 3D program??

(for the people for are interested and are a starter in 3D programs, use GoogleSketchup. It is very easy to use and has a lot of option Very Happy)

I HOPE you enjoy this topic Rolling Eyes
tony
I use Maxwell render for 3D stills:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Render

i believe it is the best, most realistic by far. check out that screenshot.
movieplace
Looks very nice Very Happy I think it is a program like blender but this looks better Razz
roboguyspacedude
That screenshot is amazing. I have 3ds max and cinema 4d, though i hardly use them, because i don't have the time to learn 3d graphics.
movieplace
what is the difference about 3D and 4D?? I know the difference about 2D and 3D but i never heard of 4D
Sickpigen
movieplace wrote:
what is the difference about 3D and 4D?? I know the difference about 2D and 3D but i never heard of 4D

4D its just name
"Cinema 4D" Wink
movieplace
oh okay, k allready looks very weard 4D Razz
Liques
if you want some thing free and 'easy' to learn, try Anim8or Very Happy

www.anim8or.com

But, if want be profissional, try Blender !

www.blender.org
Starflier
movieplace wrote:

3D refers to the three physical dimentions: Length, Width and Depth. 4D refers to the fourth dimention of Time... Go read H.G. Wells "The Time Machine", Edwin Abbott Abbott's "Flatland", Madeleine L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time" and anything you can find on the Internet about "Hypercubes" and "Tesseracts"...
m-itachi
you can to creat a 3d games with flash/actionscript.
kennethi
3ds max
guitarcrazy087
Liques wrote:
if you want some thing free and 'easy' to learn, try Anim8or Very Happy

www.anim8or.com

But, if want be profissional, try Blender !

www.blender.org

i would start with blender and forget anim8or. i've used animator before and it's nothing like what your going to use if you ever get into real animation. plus it runs slower than blender, and blender is only one step down from professional animation programs like lightwave, and maya. blender looks really intimidating at first, but once you learn how to use it some, there's a ton more features and things that anim8or doesn't have. also, if your into video game development and want a free program to design games, blender does that as well.

Very Happy
vonvincent
kennethi wrote:
3ds max

i agree with it...better than Maya, i wonder what the difference between Maya and 3ds Max since the two are under the same company autodesk but i prefer 3ds max, more compilicated but if you put effort in it, then your work will be amazing
nTonio
All depend on your purpose and what are your actual skill level. Nowdays I'm study BoxModeling in wings 3D to form shapes, then I use several progs to make it better like Carrera or Bryce.
wewa
movieplace wrote:
Hey all,
I did a few 3d projects for school, a lot of people make 3D. But there are a lot of programs you can use so...... here is my question:
What is the best 3D program??

Hi movieplace!

To your question: I'd suggest "Geist3D". This program was developed by the University of Victoria. And I think this program is easy to handle (it's also published under the GPL-license --> its free).
Oh, before I forget: her is the link http://www.geist3d.org/.
vaoger
tony wrote:
I use Maxwell render for 3D stills:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Render

i believe it is the best, most realistic by far. check out that screenshot.

GIve me five pal!!

I used it too.. is totally fantastic.. but is a bit hard on beginner!
sollo123
ya its a unique thing about 3d program it makes visual effect nice to have it.
hlavco
I've been thinking about trying some of this 3D stuff... I'll definitely give some of these free programs a try.